• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
due to a few things i have read plus some other requests i think it is about time to let the original shoe Appreciation thread just for MTO and RTW and for those that want it HARDER - then we can have Bespoke only here.

so here are my few - sorry if you are a non G&G fran!!
devil.gif
but it kicks the ball rolling, bring those Delos's and Cleverley's even dare i say it Paprika!!!!

GF1BALLYFB3.jpg

GF1BALLYFB5-1.jpg

[
GF1SLWC11-1.jpg

GF1SLWC7-1.jpg

GGDiaOxDO20-1.jpg

GGDiaOxDO-1.jpg

GGBSNorwegian7-1.jpg

GGBSNorwegian10-1.jpg

GGBSAdelaide15-1.jpg

GGBSAdelaide26-2.jpg

GGBSDietas3-2.jpg

GGBSDietas8-1.jpg

GGBSDietas17-1.jpg

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lovely shoes...I am particularly struck by the seamless whole cut And the skin stitched split-toes are remarkable if only for the workmanship and the degree of difficulty. In fact, I think shoes should be rated somewhat along the same lines as a gymnast or a diver...a pair would get a score for overal appearance, techniques and a multiplier for degree of difficulty.
smile.gif
When MTO or RTW is done well it is pretty dern good. When it is done poorly it is poor indeed. When bespoke is done poorly it is disappointing at the very least, but when it is done well it is clearly on another level altogether.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
I think between Luk-Cha and I, we have shown G&G to be the kings of bespoke.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855

I am still smitten with those spilt toe norwegians and think those in a ligher brown such as maple or pine would be great, although i am huge fan of the Vintage cherry.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
WS Foster:

Picture002-10.jpg

Picture007-8.jpg

Picture008-8.jpg

GJ Cleverley:

Picture007-6-1.jpg

Picture001-9-1.jpg

Picture004-8-1.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Uh, no
plain.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Lovely shoes...I am particularly struck by the seamless whole cut And the skin stitched split-toes are remarkable if only for the workmanship and the degree of difficulty.

In fact, I think shoes should be rated somewhat along the same lines as a gymnast or a diver...a pair would get a score for overal appearance, techniques and a multiplier for degree of difficulty.
smile.gif

When MTO or RTW is done well it is pretty dern good. When it is done poorly it is poor indeed.

When bespoke is done poorly it is disappointing at the very least, but when it is done well it is clearly on another level altogether.

cheers! the split toe is also only front seamed they dont have a rear seem, let me see if i have a piccy

GGBSNorwegian15-1.jpg

this was (this was my first commission) as i new all shoes basically need(ed) 1 seam so if a split toe why not THE split toe

as for the seemless, well i have nag poor Tony for too long in the end he just tried and had a sucess
smile.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
i'm just a beginner, but lobb paris..

Very nice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Uh, no
plain.gif

well i would not say that too! as all have their + and -

but i would love to set up a world chanpionship for it thro
laugh.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
i'm just a beginner, but my lobb paris..

well it is like 3 pairs of G&G's

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Very nice.

+1

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha

laugh.gif

Just different styles really. If you prefer more stylized bespoke shoes, then G&G is certainly the right call. If, on the other hand, you like something traditional and "correct", Cleverley may be the best place for you.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha

laugh.gif

Just kidding, they are a bit stylised and not to everyones taste. But I need to support the guy who lived up the road from me for 20 years

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know what to call those wine coloured Fosters ...Adelaides? Balmorals?...but they are very nice. The lines, the proportions, the workmanship!

And the Russia calf are without peer. I particularly like the way the tongue is a little longer on them and the broguing on the tongue syncs with the broguing on the instep.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
I don't know what to call those wine coloured Fosters ...Adelaides? Balmorals?...but they are very nice. The lines, the proportions, the workmanship!

And the Russia calf are without peer.

Thanks. Fosters refers to them as Adelaides.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads