• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Among all of the other points brought up in this thread, it has baffled me that someone would buy a house with a room of this proportion, then put all the furniture against the walls. And, in this case, it looks like they paid someone else to do it. Perfectly arranged so that you can shout a conversation at one another.

Of course you would need a candelabra above the fireplace....wtf.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ConTrad house:

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you think all these interiors look good I question your taste. If you think that house looks good, your taste sucks.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you think all these interiors look good I question your taste. If you think that house looks good, your taste sucks.

Myopic slander.

ConTrad is bigger than what any one person thinks. It is a popular movement that derives from the taste collective.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why am I doing all the heavy lifting? Come on, share you wealth.

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ConTrad is bigger than what any one person thinks. It is a popular movement that derives from the taste collective.
This popular movement seems based on no one person thinking at all. You also seem overruled by those who find it distasteful. A popular movement is carried by popular opinion and the consensus is that what you're posting is crap.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This popular movement seems based on no one person thinking at all. You also seem overruled by those who find it distasteful. A popular movement is carried by popular opinion and the consensus is that what you're posting is crap.

The popular opinion is that it is quite luxe. That is why there is so much of it made.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It often the work of interior designers who are justifying their price through putting lots of stuff in a room. There is a thing local to me where interior designers band together to get a house sold that's been on the market for a while (the name escapes me) and they all do a room on their own dime and advertise their style along with the house.

Often it winds up looking like the above examples.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The popular opinion is that it is quite luxe. That is why there is so much of it made.

I think it's more about being broadly, safely fashionable. It's the same mix of motivations that drive people to Banana Republic and bakeries specializing in cupcakes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics