• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Only one or two of those are pure Con Trad, notably the one below. The rest are just living rooms of people who live in old homes with newer furniture. A pre-war home can't really be very Con Trad, because the furniture that occupies it can excuse its offensive mediocrity through its contextual deferment.

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only one or two of those are pure Con Trad, notably the one below. The rest are just living rooms of people who live in old homes with newer furniture. A pre-war home can't really be very Con Trad, because the furniture that occupies it can excuse its offensive mediocrity through its contextual deferment.

agreed... the source I pulled these from identified the rooms as modern/vintage

Last edited:

E TF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sideways one looks more or less straight trad to me, am I missing something?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of these I find quite appealing in a tradcon

Most of those aren't ConTrad at all and some are not half bad.

This is the point and laugh thread, get that shit out'a here.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.