• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate BLUE and GREEN color Mother of Pearl shirt buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Paul

Reaction score
Just got more stock of the green color Ultimate MOP buttons! I still have stock of all my other MOP button offerings as well, please see my signature for the main MOP sale thread.

Style 1: The "Ultimate"
These buttons are considered by many to be the ultimate Mother of Pearl button for size 18L due to the thickness, shape and shine! Note the curved, saucer-like bottom and the design of the wider rim on the top.

The Ultimate Blue or Green MOP buttons are available in sizes 18L and 16L only (no 14L).

The specs for all the Ultimate buttons are the same: 18L are 3.5mm thick and the 16L are 3.2mm thick.

20140807_155921_zpsu926j3hx.jpg
20140807_155742_zpsxcochqtd.jpg
20140807_161309_zpsk256hnzi.jpg
20140807_161239_zpsceyxexul.jpg
BlueAK.jpg
AKTrifecta.jpg
green3_zpse8267616.jpg
GreenAKMOP1.jpg
GreenAKMOP3.jpg

The Ultimate BLUE or GREEN buttons are available in limited quantities at $2.50 for 18L and $2.35 for 16L.

There are many ways to configure your shirt when using size 18L buttons so there isn't really a "typical" setup. Most seem to prefer a total of 8pcs 18L (for the front placket and cuffs) and 3pcs 16L (one for the collar and two for the forearm sleeves). If you have any questions, just send me a message!

Paypal approved; please PM me for details.

Shipping is $3.00 for CONUS and $7.00 to anywhere else in the world! All orders are shipped in the same high quality packaging and are sent via USPS First Class mail.

I guarantee that you will love these buttons as much as I do. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply return them safely to me and I will refund 110% of your money. I am that confident that these are absolutely among the best buttons in the world.

cheers,
Sean Paul

Attachments

• Green AK MOP3.JPG
    Green AK MOP3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Blue AK.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I am considering picking some up for some of my cheaper polo shirts.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
These buttons are fantastic

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize you simply bump this same listing from time to time, but please edit this to reflect what you actually have.

From this one listing:

I now have the AK button available in blue and green color!

The Blue and Green AK's are available in sizes 18L and 16L only (no 14L).

The Blue and Green "AK" buttons are available in limited quantities at $2.50 for 18L and $2.35 for 16L.

NOTE: Blues are down to just size 18L, the size 16L are gone.

S. Paul

Reaction score

I realize you simply bump this same listing from time to time, but please edit this to reflect what you actually have.

From this one listing:

I now have the AK button available in blue and green color!

The Blue and Green AK's are available in sizes 18L and 16L only (no 14L).

The Blue and Green "AK" buttons are available in limited quantities at $2.50 for 18L and $2.35 for 16L.

NOTE: Blues are down to just size 18L, the size 16L are gone.

Thanks for the reminder! I just sold off the rest of the blue buttons yesterday and have now updated the thread to reflect this. cheers.

tangshee

Reaction score
interesting, do you know the origin of the buttons?

S. Paul

Reaction score

interesting, do you know the origin of the buttons?

The Mother of Pearl shell is from Australia and the buttons are drilled and polished in Italy. In the case of these blue buttons, the finishing process includes dying them the blue color. Mother of Pearl takes and holds dye extremely well - it does not wash or bleed out, nor does it look white if you manage to chip it somehow.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
SP

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi there. Been in search of the perfect buttons to be fitted onto my double breasted sear sucker jacket. Basically looking to emulate this same look depicted below. I think the blue mother of pearl buttons you had listed, if able to get in any larger sizes, may just be what Im looking for. Any chance this is possible? Looking for 6 buttons, sizes anywhere between 20mm to 22mm (preferable). Thanks in advance for the response [ATTACHMENT=9777]double-breasted-by-btailor-seersucker-elegant-jacket.jpg (154k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

S. Paul

Reaction score

Hi there. Been in search of the perfect buttons to be fitted onto my double breasted sear sucker jacket. Basically looking to emulate this same look depicted below. I think the blue mother of pearl buttons you had listed, if able to get in any larger sizes, may just be what Im looking for. Any chance this is possible? Looking for 6 buttons, sizes anywhere between 20mm to 22mm (preferable). Thanks in advance for the response [ATTACHMENT=9777]double-breasted-by-btailor-seersucker-elegant-jacket.jpg (154k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was traveling in Italy for the past couple weeks and didn't have a whole lot of internet access at various times!

Beautiful looking jacket in that photo! However, the blue MOP buttons in that photo are different than the ones I have. The style and thickness of my blue MOP buttons is made for shirts only. They are not available in the same style for the sizes you would need for a jacket (and would not be the proper thickness either).

It is possible to get suit jacket MOP buttons in a blue that would be the appropriate fit, but the problem is that it would be very expensive as a custom request from the factory. The minimum quantity just to get them made would be around 100pcs of that button. Given that it's such a special item, there would likely not be enough interest to be able to justify it.

Hope that helps. PM me if you'd like to talk a little more about looking into these.

Best,
SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads