• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The UK is THE BEST country EVER and anybody who isn't an Anglophile is a small timer!

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Which one of the four countries that make up the UK is the best EVER?

Or if you mean Britain, which one of the three?

As a fairly disillusioned Englishman, I can take a fair amount of abuse, but for feck's sake don't be lumping me in with the Scots, Welsh and (Northern) Irish.

Mr Hamilton, congratulations on perpetuating the myth regarding the average American's (and by America I mean the United States of America, as opposed to the entire continent, which includes, say, Bolivia) grasp of world geography.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
Mr Hamilton, congratulations on perpetuating the myth regarding the average American's (and by America I mean the United States of America, as opposed to the entire continent, which includes, say, Bolivia) grasp of world geography.

Bolivia is on a different continent from the United States of Amreica.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate the English b/c they give me **** for my Welsh ancestry for whatever reason. I turn it around on them though pointing out that I'm also a direct descendant of Opecancanough, the Powhatan warlord who easily took out half the Jamestown settlement.

Not that I'm a pro-America go team jingoistic kinda guy, but, I do find it funny how so many people here equate an English accent with intelligence. Once you get past the accent though, you realize the English are, for the most part, just a stupid as us Americans. We're not really that different at all.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The UK is the best country ever? I guess you're right. Horrible food, ugly people, bad weather...

What more could you want?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never been to the England, but from what I see on TV the weather looks pretty nice. Of course I'm living in the concrete microwave called Houston, Texas, so maybe it's a grass is always greener kinda thing.

Not to mention, I don't find them to be ugly at all. English chicks have some huge *******.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo

PERFECT.....
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The U.K. sucks a big hairy nut.

There, I said it.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
Tidybeard, congratulations on reassuring Americans (and by America I mean the United States of America, as opposed to the entire continent, which includes, say, Canada and Mexico [among others] but perhaps not Bolivia) everywhere that we aren't the only country featuring individuals with a less than stellar grasp of world geography. My major issue with Britain is that a gentleman may not carry his locking pocketknife there.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo

Gosh, you don't say
facepalm.gif

I do want to visit the United States of Amreica though, sounds like a nice place. Is it anything like America (and by "America", I mean the place that's really all one continent that the people in the "North" pretend isn't so they can look down on those in the "South". I mean come on, you're all "Americans", whether you're from Rhode Island or La Paz - aren't you?)

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Tidybeard, congratulations on reassuring Americans (and by America I mean the United States of America, as opposed to the entire continent, which includes, say, Canada and Mexico [among others] but perhaps not Bolivia) everywhere that we aren't the only country featuring individuals with a less than stellar grasp of world geography.

My major issue with Britain is that a gentleman may not carry his locking pocketknife there.

Yes, I know. I was making a point about generalisation - just because it's in "America", it must be the same place, right? Heaven forbid I should get out a map and actually have a look......sorry for not stating the obvious, I forgot I was on SF.

Although officially not permitted by law, you'll be glad to know that murder by stabbing is quickly replacing croquet as the number one pastime here in the United Britain of Wales, Turkey and Luxembourg.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I Not that I'm a pro-America go team jingoistic kinda guy, but, I do find it funny how so many people here equate an English accent with intelligence. Once you get past the accent though, you realize the English are, for the most part, just a stupid as us Americans. We're not really that different at all.

Completely agree. Statistically, 83.2% of English inhabitants must, by law, purchase knuckle protectors to stop the skin wearing off when they walk.

By "Americans", do you mean....
laugh.gif

mnemonic

Reaction score
i'll back those words in the realm of football. england has the best league, period. the premiership is a marvel, and sheringham was a sly and devious striker. plus cantona played there so end of argument.
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads