The UK/EU tie swap box rises from the Ashes - Reborn Stateside

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Dec 11, 2012.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[​IMG]

2. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I'm still cool with it going to stitchy first. With his shopping addiction I am sure he will have some sweet additions.

:D

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Atlas - hold on there buddy.

You asked to be added towards the end of the first round. You were added. Then you disappeared.

We placed you first this round. Then you disappeared. We waited more than two weeks for you to surface, which you did not. At that point, I asked MyMil to PM me his address. I did this by public posting, and not by PM for transparency. Hope you understand.

Also, everyone else mentioned / posted photos in the first round of what they were including. Why should you be any different? Please post photos. This is not meant to be an insult, just standard operating protocol.

Glad you are OK with Stitchy going first.

And anyone swapping a brand new yellow hook tie should put in something of EQUAL or BETTER caliber.

You must post photos and get approval of the swap (as MyMil did) before sending the box out to the next person. This is done to ensure that the quality of the box stays high.

4. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I've got no problem with posting what I plan to put in and take out when I have the box. I have a problem with the idea that the order would be determined by what stitch and I post in advance of getting the box, especially if it could put me at the end of the line. Is that SOP, or are you asking me to jump through an extra hoop?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

should i chose the YHN, i imagine id replace with one or two of these:

purple with pin dot brioni, cream with dots 7 fold isaia, wool check samuelsohn, large check TF, striped kiton 7 fold.

and i think atlas should go after me, and that he can post photos when he makes the swap, as opposed to before even getting the box. i think that is fair, imo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Atlas, no one is asking you to do any jumping. Just keeping this in order (do note the travel schedule we had for the last round - SOP).

Looking forward to your photos, and welcoming you to the TSB! :D

7. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Seems pointless to head coast 2 coast twice. Had he not disappeared there wouldnt be any problem. Everyone on the list probably wants the YHT and theres no reason we should slow this box down by sending it from East to West and then West to East coast. TD made a valid point that there was a 2 week hiatus and there's no reason we should back track because you didnt check the thread. Yes given a few days sometimes you cant answer but it was basically 2 weeks. Box should stay on the current list which would be:
    Stitches
    AllAboutShoes
    RedDevil10
    cwh812
    Goomba
    DerekS
    ThinkDerm

And add mymil back in wherever it makes sense geographically. This box was about efficiency and keeping the standard and given everyone gets busy but check on it once every few days, not leave it for 2 weeks and then complain. Not fair to everyone on the list.

8. in stitches

I dont think its a big deal, and atlas is a good dude, and is new to the box. It will add 2 days max, and if he ships priroty flat rate he can get it back to the east coat the next day for $18.

9. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

OF COURSE allabout shoes wants to skip atlas....that would put him next after stitch so he could snag a yellow hook. FWIW i dont see a problem with him getting back in after stitch. its adding maye an extra day or 2... big deal.

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

OF COURSE allabout shoes wants to skip atlas....that would put him next after stitch so he could snag a yellow hook. FWIW i dont see a problem with him getting back in after stitch. its adding maye an extra day or 2... big deal.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Its not a tie swap box without a little drama...

12. in stitches

:nodding:

but its only ok if the box doesnt get fuxxored up.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  13. mymil

mymil Senior member

I currently have the box on the west coast. I will ship it via USPS Priority (which will take 2-3 days no matter the destination) when the order is finalized.

FWIW, I posted photos of the ties I was thinking of swapping in for the first round of this TSB before being added to the list.

14. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

15. in stitches

well, ill be offline most of the next few days, ill PM you my address if TD decides i am next. which i hope i am. :)

lol.