1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ugly Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Big Texas

Big Texas Senior member

[​IMG]

You'd actually be surprised what types of items randomly show up with hideous freebies. I bought a really nice, discreet Marinella tie a few years back. It came with a Jerry Garcia-esque freebie in fine polyester. It gave new meaning to the phrase "I can't even give this thing away."

2. bgoodwi

bgoodwi Member

It's really not that bad. I always get awful ties from relatives for Christmas. The worst one has dancing Tabasco sauce bottles on it with matching pocket square. At least no one thought it was a good idea to buy yours.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. gcraya

gcraya Member

I like this idea. I found a tie at my church's lost and found, that was black with saltwater tropical fish on it. I took it apart and used it to make a pocket square. It looks awesome like that, but as a tie [​IMG]

4. vute

vute New Member

I have couple of ties that I keep only because they are ugly.

I often buy ties when I travel (as a memento), and if I do not find sth. that I like, I get the ugliest I can find. Here look at those: (left to right: China, Germany, S. Korea, SAR, USA - all extremely well made except the last but utterly unwearable).

I will keep them if I have space on my tie rack.

[​IMG]