• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The U-neck

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
from today's waywt thread member I<3Bacon doing his best really really gay holocaust victim impression
2755876018_52fd7dc5cf_o.jpg
*cough cough* i like you bacon because i think we are the same size. Always good to know for when i see sale threads

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
i like you bacon because i think we are the same size. Always good to know for when i see sale threads

inlove.gif
Thanks! Forget me, man. All I have is cheap crap. I'm waiting for you to unload some BoO and NDC!

And what the hell am I doing in this thread? It's just an AA tank and I'm a ***** compared to those B.Son models.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Luxury should be intimate.

-lucas o.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I think the u-neck only works if you're 120 lbs and are going for a holocaust victim look. Look at B Son's models - unless you have identical proportions, it'll just end up looking really, really gay.

I accidentally bought one (and promptly returned it after trying it on), reports described the look as "very, very gay".

djs488

Reaction score
member I<3Bacon doing his best really really gay holocaust victim impression

to be fair, even in his initial statement, he didn't say that u-necks make one look like a gay holocaust victim. in fact, i think the opinion he was stating was informative, just phrased like a 13-year old boy, which we're all guilty of sometimes.

i agree with Teger sans inflammatory adjectives. u-necks are only passable on people with very slim, not just slim, builds -- like the b. son models. the less slim you are, the more and more they resemble some douchebag on steroids with a deep-v.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
u-necks are only passable on people with very slim, not just slim, builds -- like the b. son models. the less slim you are, the more and more they resemble some douchebag on steroids with a deep-v.
Yes.

It's amazing we had to get so far in the thread before this was said.

I love the crazy drapy **** that B. Son offers, but it really does only work when there's a bunch excess fabric, which wouldn't happen when you're uber built.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
to be fair, even in his initial statement, he didn't say that u-necks make one look like a gay holocaust victim. in fact, i think the opinion he was stating was informative, just phrased like a 13-year old boy, which we're all guilty of sometimes. i agree with Teger sans inflammatory adjectives. u-necks are only passable on people with very slim, not just slim, builds -- like the b. son models. the less slim you are, the more and more they resemble some douchebag on steroids with a deep-v.
Oh, i know that unecks look best on people who are of slim build, even when it comes to layering tanks like i think both posters in this thread did (saucemaster does this every once inawhile too with success). I was just busting teger's balls and other members here who refer to anyone who doesn't hit the gym regularly or can fit in slim clothes as girly, gay, anorexic, holocaust. I don't know if it stems from insecurities, but on a fashion/style forum you think it wouldn't come up. Especially since i'm sure a lot of skinny guys such as myself (i'm less skinny in person) are very athletic in terms of sports and performance. But yea, the soft plunging line of the uneck is probably best not on guys with bigger pecs or else you might enter man-cleavage zone, which to me is not an attractive look. I for one dislike high, tight crew necks, and the shape of the AAvneck, which is why i normally like my tshirts to have a looser neckline. Not necessarily plunging as some unecks/tank tops unless it's under a shirt, but looser crew necks with thinner collars (i don't know what to call it) looks better and more relaxed. acne, bson, shades of greige, corpus, raf by raf, w&h, make either u or loose crew necks that look nice. I think AA and UO also have their own u neck, but i remember not really liking the way it looked online.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i quit trying to be skinny (i ended up with no more chest muscles and a small tummy)
lifting started yesterday
gotta get my weight up!

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Please shut up when people are talking about clothes. Not everyone is interested in rrl/jcrew styled americana workwear. No one respects your misguided, closed minded opinions.

damn, chrono...i didn't find teger's comments particularly misguided or closed-minded...he was just expressing a not so hard to understand opinion...i, for one, respect teger and value his opinion --much more than yours, as a matter of fact, after such an uncalled for lashing...

it's understood that you feel that a more feminine aesthetic is right for you...that's cool...but, even on styleforum, there's plenty of room for a bit more masculinity than you are personally comfortable with

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
don't be so hard on yourself...you don't look like a holocaust victim...

and, let's not drag others into this...especially others who were wearing tanks not u-necks

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who was that dude on sufu who was wearing a white tank but had little *******. that made me lol.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Would vs_toto or I&lt;3bacon's fits been worse if they were unecks under the shirts instead of tanktops? I'm pretty sure both of them were tanktops but the concept is the same. It's about the soft lines and plunging neckline that makes people nervous about being too feminine, not the fact that it's a uneck.

I was just saying that every person who is slim and not well built is not a holocaust victim, gay, or even feminine. You'd figure &quot;traditional&quot; gender/sexuality roles wouldn't be an issue on a forum where most people obsess over the fit of clothes, or what to wear to the night club to look cool but not like they're trying too hard, and other little details where they need the advice of forum members.

I can't think of who you're talking about bubbly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics