• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Truth About Beauty - ugly bishes please read

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am happily involved with my girlfriend of several years

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...h-about-beauty

Hearing all this from a woman is quite refreshing. Tasteful quote:

Yet, while feminist journalists deforest North America publishing articles urging women to bow out of the beauty arms race and "Learn to love that woman in the mirror!", nobody gets into the ridiculous position of advising men to "Learn to love that unemployed guy sprawled on the couch!"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm lovin' it.

Of course this article also implicitly (or perhaps explicitly) states that men should STFU about "dream jobz" and just do the work that brings in the most dough.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finally, the ugly truth laid bare for the unfortunate uglies of the world to digest, and, in acceptance, to know their place.

Also, the silhouette in the article has some awesomely perky ****.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Mindbender of the day:

If MS and I just posted replies at exactly the same time, does that negate or prove the sockpuppet conspiracy theory?

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Mindbender of the day:

If MS and I just posted replies at exactly the same time, does that negate or prove the sockpuppet conspiracy theory?

Neither. Easy to do, one window Firefox, one window IE/Chrome/Opera.

Your subsequent comment ...

v.freeman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Finally, the ugly truth laid bare for the unfortunate uglies of the world to digest, and, in acceptance, to know their place.

Also, the silhouette in the article has some awesomely perky ****.

I like how the picture is on each page of the article. It's like she wrote the article just for men.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scanned it. Seems truthful.

I imagine a lot of women will dismiss this as further superficial stereotyping and then go back to their ugly, hipster, looser boyfriends to tell them how looks don't matter and they will, of course, agree.

dune

Reaction score
Some sensible stuff in there, but not everything.

Yeah, you might have to put five or ten extra minutes into prettying up just to hang around the house. And, sure, you might be more "comfortable" in big sloppy sweats, but how "comfortable" will you be if he leaves you for a woman who cares enough to look hot for him?
When I'm just hanging out with a gf around the house, there's no real need for her to get dressed up, tbh.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will def scan

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dune
Some sensible stuff in there, but not everything. When I'm just hanging out with a gf around the house, there's no real need for her to get dressed up, tbh.
Yeah, some of it is a little forced like that quote you put forth. In fact, I think most of us would be attracted to women who don't pay 100% attention to their looks all the time - a girl chillin in sweats at home is definitely legitimate. Though, the overall distinction between what men and women are attracted to, and the real talk "tough ****, bitches" attitude is spot on.

dune

Reaction score
Oh, I know. The basic thought behind it is pretty much spot on, but some of the examples she gives are iffy. And the hell is up with the whole French women thing?
tongue.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^^

True. There's actually something cute and endearing about seeing a girlfriend hanging around the house in sweats. As long as she doesn't get fat or anything, I have no problem with it.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love women in sweatpants. Easy removal, nice butts will still look nice, can feel naughty bits through them.

Like someone mentioned, they have to be hot though or it is for naught.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever, I've been doing exactly what that tomgirl-wannabe sounding ***** wrote in that whole thing. The only thing I really disagree with is when she says women don't value male looks as much as status, etc...While status is definitely important, there's no way I'd pick a short guy just because he had a private jet over some super hot guy with a moderately successful job. I'm so sick and tired of being a woman and feeling like I myself have to settle for an unattractive guy who thinks he's some kind of hot **** business man who can land any babe he wants because of the wad of bills in his pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads