1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The trend in Korea

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drifter310, Apr 16, 2012.

1. drifter310

drifter310 New Member

Anyone know the new fashion trend in Korea? i was wondering what people were wearing in the earyl twenties and people in the late twenties to their early thirtys

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

For why? Are you infact a troll?

If you mean south (you are delightfully vague on what you mean), we see very little here although those who do post tend to be western influenced. Try using search rather than asking questions. Have you looked at any web sites.

If you meant North then it appears uniform drabness pertains.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. drifter310

drifter310 New Member

I'm sorry, I meant for South Korea. I just wanted to see if their latest trend is similar to the poeple in the U.S. For instance I notice many people now wear fitted shirts and jeans, but I don't see too many Koreans wear printed shirts. Now is that true? or is that just bad analyzing on my part.

4. drifter310

drifter310 New Member

I heard people in S.Korea loves sports wear is that true? I know sports like soccer and baseball is very popular in S.Korea, and even video games like StarCraft gets some recognition. So do people in S.Korea wear jerseys or t-shirts of their favorite team, or are we atlking about sports wear in warm ups or windbreakers

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Oh that's a pity, because I was going to suggest something like this...

[​IMG]
    ..also one can never have enough microphones..

..or this double breasted piece..
    [​IMG]

Suits you sir...
    [​IMG]
    ...Savile Row was it?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Southern style:

[​IMG]

You can never have a suit that is too shiny.

[​IMG]

Black and silver is the SK tweed...you can wear it anywhere and be "stylish" and not out of place.

1 person likes this.
  7. GBR

GBR Senior member

This evil prat is from the North.

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

Not typical from what we have seen posted here.

9. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    For years S. Korean fashion was simply... white socks. Everything w/ white socks. Suits came only in two colors. Robins egg blue suit and white socks. Black suit. And white socks. And socks are embroidered w/ the maker's label, e.g., "Try" and "BYC". Pretty fancy. I was BYC man.

Now they have socks of another racy color. Black. Also, if you watch Korean TV the lads like wearing teeny tiny clip-on bow ties.

10. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Yes, jerseys of a foreign team that must have a Korean player are very popular. ManU 'cuz of Park and LA Dodgers 'cuz of other Park and Gunners 'cuz of another Park. And the jerseys must be fake.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  11. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I bet it's not a Made in DPRK suit the Supreme Leader is wearing though...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Alias

Alias Senior member

The ones I always see around here tend to dress normally, like jeans and a polo. Nothing too outlandish. Maybe I just live in the not-trendy neighborhood. I have seen some shiny suits, though.