• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The trend in Korea

drifter310

Reaction score
Anyone know the new fashion trend in Korea? i was wondering what people were wearing in the earyl twenties and people in the late twenties to their early thirtys

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For why? Are you infact a troll?

If you mean south (you are delightfully vague on what you mean), we see very little here although those who do post tend to be western influenced. Try using search rather than asking questions. Have you looked at any web sites.

If you meant North then it appears uniform drabness pertains.

Last edited:

drifter310

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I meant for South Korea. I just wanted to see if their latest trend is similar to the poeple in the U.S. For instance I notice many people now wear fitted shirts and jeans, but I don't see too many Koreans wear printed shirts. Now is that true? or is that just bad analyzing on my part.

drifter310

Reaction score
I heard people in S.Korea loves sports wear is that true? I know sports like soccer and baseball is very popular in S.Korea, and even video games like StarCraft gets some recognition. So do people in S.Korea wear jerseys or t-shirts of their favorite team, or are we atlking about sports wear in warm ups or windbreakers

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh that's a pity, because I was going to suggest something like this...

..also one can never have enough microphones..

..or this double breasted piece..

Suits you sir...

...Savile Row was it?

Last edited:

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Southern style:

You can never have a suit that is too shiny.

Black and silver is the SK tweed...you can wear it anywhere and be "stylish" and not out of place.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh that's a pity, because I was going to suggest something like this...

..also one can never have enough microphones..
..or this double breasted piece..

Suits you sir...

...Savile Row was it?

This evil prat is from the North.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Southern style:

You can never have a suit that is too shiny.

Black and silver is the SK tweed...you can wear it anywhere and be "stylish" and not out of place.

Not typical from what we have seen posted here.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For years S. Korean fashion was simply... white socks. Everything w/ white socks. Suits came only in two colors. Robins egg blue suit and white socks. Black suit. And white socks. And socks are embroidered w/ the maker's label, e.g., "Try" and "BYC". Pretty fancy. I was BYC man.

Now they have socks of another racy color. Black. Also, if you watch Korean TV the lads like wearing teeny tiny clip-on bow ties.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So do people in S.Korea wear jerseys or t-shirts of their favorite team, or are we atlking about sports wear in warm ups or windbreakers

Yes, jerseys of a foreign team that must have a Korean player are very popular. ManU 'cuz of Park and LA Dodgers 'cuz of other Park and Gunners 'cuz of another Park. And the jerseys must be fake.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones I always see around here tend to dress normally, like jeans and a polo. Nothing too outlandish. Maybe I just live in the not-trendy neighborhood. I have seen some shiny suits, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads