• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
BTW I would have gone with:

Jean-Seberg-001.jpg

inlove.gif

ewwww that is not a flattering angle.

juliank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
ewwww that is not a flattering angle.

Seberg was an attractive lady but you guys going on about how short hair is more flattering are taking crazy pills. Just compare and contrast. Here she is with slightly longer hair ( once could only imagine her with a full mane) and she blows away the version of her with short hair.

tumblr_l0mejyQyfj1qa6wgl.jpg

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seberg was an attractive lady but you guys going on about how short hair is more flattering are taking crazy pills. Just compare and contrast. Here she is with slightly longer hair ( once could only imagine her with a full mane) and she blows away the version of her with short hair.
I think she's one of the few girls that looks just as good either way.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn this chick is so badass

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dellath
I could go into it at length but in a nutshell, with the proliferation of the internet into our everyday lives our current cultures content gets diluted through the stream of constant updates, blog and forum posts, news articles, youtube videos, etc...

With this high level of diluted content comes an increase in consumption amongst the general populous and in the higher extremes of consumers there is a strong trend of dipping into previous trends or cultures to supplement their content diet when there is not enough current content to occupy them. The reason why 80's parties never go away, why nearly every blockbuster movie these days is remakes or sequels of established comic books or movies.

We are running out of content and we are too easily occupied to give time to new kinds and forms of it when previously established content gets rehashed very simply and on mass in easy and recognizable forms.

Now this regurgitating of previous cultures has always been apart of our society, but not at these high levels, and fashion seems to be one of the most obvious. I seem to remember that the leg flares were a trend in the mid to late 90's and if that is the case then it seems that fashion is a head of the bell curve.

That's my opinion piece on this subject in a very incomplete and short form, hope it clears up my statement for you.

Very interesting thoughts. I don't have an opinion yet, but very interesting.

Originally Posted by DLester
When wide leg and flares "come back," they will not resemble what the average fucktard looks like currently when shuffling around through Ross Discount looking for tube socks. It will be something that looks right, and we will be ready for it.

Veronique Branquinho's been doing it for years (awesomely). Also Margiela had quite a bit of semi-boot cut type pants i think.

Originally Posted by DLester
Anyone who wants a current alternative to slim looks should consider the narrow ankle/drop crotch plus drapey top. Some are making that work right now.

I'm getting sick of this being a centrepiece of a look. When it's done well you don't notice it though, and it looks good.

it is pretty ubiquitous, it's been the hipster thing for the past year or so now

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliank

Because this applies to all girls right?
facepalm.gif

CEE88

Reaction score
Re: juliank Seberg was an attractive lady but you guys going on about how short hair is more flattering are taking crazy pills. Just compare and contrast. Here she is with slightly longer hair ( once could only imagine her with a full mane) and she blows away the version of her with short hair.

compare & contrast away:

zCQnW.jpg
r6fuN.jpg

4y9Okl.jpg
a0Gnil.jpg

as I said earlier, "except for Halle Berry and Steve McQueen's wife, right?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads