• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Toronto For Sale Thread

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Astorflex Greenflex Suede Desert Boots in size 41 (US 8). Brand new with box, card and extra laces, only tried on indoors and walked around. Letting go for $120 shipped.

https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/astorflex-greenflex-suede-desert-boots.14805/

50990886_241217436780515_4273904462847803392_n.jpg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, selling a NWT suit so rare, you may be the only one in the entire country that owns one (no joke):

https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...vy-pinstripe-rare-sartorial-collection.14843/

This is beyond regular hand made Purple Label. It’s from the Limited run Sartorial Collection which has even more handwork (basically made on the bespoke bench) and is super 180s and up. Retailed for $8k in 2010. Takes 30 hours to make one suit.

Has the softest fabric I’ve ever seen.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, selling a NWT suit so rare, you may be the only one in the entire country that owns one (no joke):

https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...vy-pinstripe-rare-sartorial-collection.14843/

This is beyond regular hand made Purple Label. It’s from the Limited run Sartorial Collection which has even more handwork (basically made on the bespoke bench) and is super 180s and up. Retailed for $8k in 2010. Takes 30 hours to make one suit.

Has the softest fabric I’ve ever seen.
Why does this $8k suit have such terrible pattern matching on the pockets?

Wrenkin

Reaction score

There is a front dart. They chose to match the pockets to the undarted fabric below. They also chose to match the ticket pocket with the lower pockets, as the ticket is set into a darted area. To match the ticket pocket to the underling fabric, the flap would have to be made of multiple pieces. What would you prefer?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch is now SOLD - cheers all.

Offered for sale only is this stunning Seiko 6138-0017 UFO from April 1977.

Seiko 6138s are getting much harder to find these days than the more plentiful 6139s. And even harder to find a 6138 is premium original condition.

This watch is in stunning original condition. The case bears the dings and scratches consistent with its age, and there is a small ding at around 10 o-clock in the outer metal bezel ring. The dial itself is near flawless – and a stunning combination of colours. The head of the watch is all original save for the replacement OEM crystal, which is in perfect shape – the better to view that stunning dial!

The bracelet is a vintage Seiko bracelet that will fit a 7 ½” wrist with ease. My wrist is very slightly larger and the fit is slightly loose. I cannot confirm that the bracelet itself is original to the watch.

The watch was serviced by the former owner prior to sale to me, and I’ve had it a little over a year. It is functioning flawlessly.

• Chrono start / stop / reset are crisp with a precise reset to zero of all hands.

• Day and date set properly with the crown and advance as they should.

• Crown hand winds as it should.

• Watch keeps solid time.
Grab a classic, timeless, in-house column-wheel mechanical chronograph for a song.

US$575 shipped and PayPaled within Canada and the US. One number to click and ship. No extras or “net-to-me” fudging of the price.

I will consider international sales to established forum members, but please understand that you will bear the cost of shipping overseas and it is ridiculously high.

Happy to answer questions, but the first “I’ll take it!” by email at [email protected] or PM will acquire this fantastic watch.

Thanks for reading, and now onto the pics.

PM me for a special deal for local pickup - downtown TO during the weekdays or Oakville evenings and weekends

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is a front dart. They chose to match the pockets to the undarted fabric below. They also chose to match the ticket pocket with the lower pockets, as the ticket is set into a darted area. To match the ticket pocket to the underling fabric, the flap would have to be made of multiple pieces. What would you prefer?

An excellent explanation, @Wrenkin .

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining.

I guess I would prefer something where it doesn't look like I'm looking at a reflection of a suit in a mirror that's cracked in multiple places. I suppose that's the compromise with a darted jacket with that kind of pattern.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining.

I guess I would prefer something where it doesn't look like I'm looking at a reflection of a suit in a mirror that's cracked in multiple places. I suppose that's the compromise with a darted jacket with that kind of pattern.

Dude, you're sh--ing on my listing based on your limited knowledge of tailoring.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're sh--ing on my listing based on your limited knowledge of tailoring.

Eh. I agree with the other guy. I couldn't stand the look of that if I dropped eight grand on a suit.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for explaining.

Eh. I agree with the other guy. I couldn't stand the look of that if I dropped eight grand on a suit.

This is a reminder as to why I stopped reading the Ultimate Toronto Thread, and this thread. Unnecessary bashing of others.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm genuinely sorry I'm coming across as ******** on your thread because I'm pointing out how odd it looks like there's inadequate pattern-matching, when you're explained the reason. Not my intention, just an observation.

I'll think about that next time something's posted.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a reminder as to why I stopped reading the Ultimate Toronto Thread, and this thread. Unnecessary bashing of others.

Where's the bashing of others? There was - what I think - a genuine curiosity. No one here has bashed othertravel.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently asking why a suit that’s supposedly $8k looks incongruous because of the way it’s made and asking about it is “******** on a thread” and “whining” and “bashing.” Jesus Christ.

Look, we get your side hustle is flipping stuff you find at your endless jaunts to Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Brooks, warehouse sales, etc., etc., but you really need to develop a thicker skin if feel like my pointing out something obvious about your item has literally ruined all chances of you getting it sold.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently asking why a suit that’s supposedly $8k looks incongruous because of the way it’s made and asking about it is “******** on a thread” and “whining” and “bashing.” Jesus Christ.

Look, we get your side hustle is flipping stuff you find at your endless jaunts to Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Brooks, warehouse sales, etc., etc., but you really need to develop a thicker skin if feel like my pointing out something obvious about your item has literally ruined all chances of you getting it sold.

There are plenty of places for candid discussion of the merits of a particular garment. A sale posting for that garment is not that place. If you can't see that, you can't be helped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads