• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Toronto For Sale Thread

althanis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently asking why a suit that’s supposedly $8k looks incongruous because of the way it’s made and asking about it is “shitting on a thread” and “whining” and “bashing.” Jesus Christ.

Look, we get your side hustle is flipping stuff you find at your endless jaunts to Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Brooks, warehouse sales, etc., etc., but you really need to develop a thicker skin if feel like my pointing out something obvious about your item has literally ruined all chances of you getting it sold.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently asking why a suit that’s supposedly $8k looks incongruous because of the way it’s made and asking about it is “shitting on a thread” and “whining” and “bashing.” Jesus Christ.

Look, we get your side hustle is flipping stuff you find at your endless jaunts to Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Brooks, warehouse sales, etc., etc., but you really need to develop a thicker skin if feel like my pointing out something obvious about your item has literally ruined all chances of you getting it sold.
There are plenty of places for candid discussion of the merits of a particular garment. A sale posting for that garment is not that place. If you can't see that, you can't be helped.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I know nothing about suit construction and JUST CURIOUS about "why a suit that’s supposedly $8k looks incongruous", I would probably drop that seller a PM and ask him kindly.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a ISAIA DB in 38?

A bit big for me, have to adjust multiple places include chest.
Will put it up for a couple days before I bring it to my tailor.

i1.jpg i2.jpg i3.jpg i4.jpg

Fabric content: 50% Wool 50% Bamboo
Chest: 21"
Total length: 29"
Shoulder: 18"
Sleeve length: 26"

No lining

700 USD

Last edited:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the one posted on ebay store uses the old tag, suggests it's made at least 8 year ago? and it's used.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yeah it's totally apples and oranges comparing to yours
Still wondering if i could get more

@yusufhar in my sig.
Well, my second hand John Lobb is selling for 300 cad and guess how much are the NWT ones lol...

goatamous

Reaction score
My initial reply was commentary than to spark a debate
Nonetheless, FWIW, I'd list Lobbs at $425 US obo on eBay, and accept $350 CAD for in person meetup. So we're in the same neighborhood

Much like my Isaia, where I'd accept $160 CAD for a local meetup, even though it's listed at $219 US on eBay (although I still question if I should raise that up)

Anyway, good luck with your sales

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just gotta defend my pricing... nothing personal.

WilYa

Reaction score
Any Canadian gents interested in my charcoal pinstripe (Fox Brothers) DB jacket from Turnbull Asser? DPD shipping to Canada included.
Truly the pinnacle of English RTW tailoring, sadly too big for me. Details in B&S.
View media item 2294896

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.