• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Toronto For Sale Thread

Caligari

Reaction score
I started this thread and rules are NO THREADCRAPPING at all and secondly no piggybacking saying you've got the same thing for sale cheaper, you bought it cheaper or you know where to get it cheaper.
If you don't like the rules post on Kijiji and for God's sake the clothes posted are as if everyone here is 70 years old. Smarten up EVERYONE and keep things civil.

Last edited:

Caligari

Reaction score
Fair points
smile.gif

Hey nice 5 zip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CloudLi

Reaction score

Not to be rude but people (including myself) got them from Amazon on Boxing day for $236-$240 plus tax....

That gentleman is just stating a fact. Like saying the housing market is too high. You can list a semi-detached home in Markham for 2 million, but whether it's too high or anyone is willing to buy it depends on the market, and everyone has the freedom to say it.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you have the freedom to say it. The question is, should you say it? It's bad etiquette.

Like interrupting a sales associate at Harry's who's about to sell a suit by telling the customer they can get it on Amazon for a cheaper price.

Last edited:

John-Galt

Reaction score
@Caligari where can I find the thread rules? Checked the first post and didn't notice any

daviddee100

Reaction score
That gentleman is just stating a fact. Like saying the housing market is too high. You can list a semi-detached home in Markham for 2 million, but whether it's too high or anyone is willing to buy it depends on the market, and everyone has the freedom to say it.
Thats a pretty weak analogy. And surprised anyone would defend such a "gentleman". Imagine you were selling your house, CloudLi, and a guy like burgerkong shows up to troll and steer potential buyers away. Gentleman!! hahaha

burgerkong

Reaction score
No, it was merely stating a fact. I'll delete that comment, regardless of the fact that it's all over RFD and the TO thread on here. I apologize, but when something was widely available for a low price and someone tries to unload it here for more, it irks me. Again, that may not be you, it was just a remark.

EDIT: Ok, so my post got deleted. Fantastic. And I'd want to see the rules added to the first post because I can't find them either.

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No providing intel on cheaper equivalents lest you upset a sale. Got it.

Letting someone overpay..sure nice "etiquette" wrt the seller I suppose..how about wrt the interested potential buyer? Where I'm from deliberately withholding pertinent info isn't nice manners.

Last edited:

Caligari

Reaction score
No providing intel on cheaper equivalents lest you upset a sale. Got it.

Letting someone overpay..sure nice "etiquette" wrt the seller I suppose..how about wrt the interested potential buyer? Where I'm from deliberately withholding pertinent info isn't nice manners.
People are free to ask whatever the hell they want and the buyer is free to buy or not buy without "help" from the unwashed masses. Keep intel to yourself it is considered thread crapping.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense but that's dumb. If the seller's price is lousy what's the harm in someone letting them (and the pot'l buyer) know. Isn't this an open forum? I doubt any seller would get all pissy adjusting his price a bit to make it actually fair. Also safeguards against the buyer possibly finding out later anyway on their own and then you've got an equally negative scenario unfolding.

Caligari

Reaction score
No offense but that's dumb. If the seller's price is lousy what's the harm in someone letting them (and the pot'l buyer) know. Isn't this an open forum? I doubt any seller would get all pissy adjusting his price a bit to make it actually fair. Also safeguards against the buyer possibly finding out later anyway on their own and then you've got an equally negative scenario unfolding.
Well tough **** nobody gives a damn if an item was for sale cheaper for 20 minutes on October 19th on some Botswanian site. If you don't believe in free enterprise and feel you must be the price police feel free to not post.
It's not your job to decide what a "pissy" price is or isn't. People here aren't stupid and do not require you to okay pricing or purchases.

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price might be "lousy". I was inferring your rule was about avoiding getting sellers "pissy" ie over upended (overpriced) sales. From your Botswana comment I take it it's more about useless interjections? Whatever. Your authority here has one huge ***** in the armor: the PM button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads