• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Top 10 Cars for Douchebags

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
laugh.gif
And I get taken to task for making sweeping generalities,a and here's a whole thread on it
smile.gif

To get beyond brands/models:

That said, any pick up that's been "lifted."

Any car with a sound system worth more than the vehicle.

+1 Escalade, don't forget Ford Navigators though. And no one mentioned Aston Minis.

SystemShock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
As a Bimmer driver, and a sometimes dick/douche Bimmer driver, I must defend myself a bit. If you are doing one of the following things, I do not hold myself responsible for any actions I perform while driving said car: 1. You're in the left lane going under the speed limit when there is no traffic.
I'll give you that one. I hate that too.
2. You are on your cell phone and not paying attention to the road.
Um, ok. But how does that give you the right to be a dick too?
3. You cut me off, only to then go slower than the rest of traffic. This is only applicable if I am in one of the left lanes.
Fair enough.
4. You are driving a Honduuuuhhhh and ride ********** just to instigate.
Huh? Wha? Who does that?
5. You are cruising at the same speed as the person to your right, thus blocking traffic.
If they're at or above the speed limit, doesn't matter. Perfectly legal.
6. You stop after I do at a 4-way stop, and decide you have right of way.
Agreed. But if you try to charge past an SUV, ya might get smushed.
7. Anything else that inhibits my driving, especially if you put me in potential danger.
Methinks the first half of that is where you get into trouble and get labelled a "dick".
laugh.gif
In other instances, sometimes I am out of my mind, distracted, etc, and it is my fault for being a terrible driver.
Points for honesty.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SystemShock
Huh? Wha? Who does that?
A lot of people, actually. I get tailgated all the time in my BMW, and the smaller/tuner Hondas of the world seem to be the worst offenders. I do not drive slow.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
laugh.gif
And I get taken to task for making sweeping generalities,a and here's a whole thread on it
smile.gif

To get beyond brands/models:

That said, any pick up that's been "lifted."

Any car with a sound system worth more than the vehicle.

+1 Escalade, don't forget Ford Navigators though. And no one mentioned Aston Minis.

+0 on the Navigator. I have one of these in my fleet, and it has become pretty much my daily driver. I'll agree with the 1997-2002 body style which usually dons unusually large chrome rims, the newest body style is great. If it was not for reliability issues I would be in a Range Rover, however they are grabage.

SystemShock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
A lot of people, actually. I get tailgated all the time in my BMW, and the smaller/tuner Hondas of the world seem to be the worst offenders. I do not drive slow.

Sorry, I was unaware. CR-V driver here.

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
My girlfriend is considering a Cayman as her next car. Probably go used since the resale on them is so terrible and then there is a company in maryland that puts in a turbo system for 10 grand. for 45K she should have a car faster then the 911 turbo.
Make sure with that 10k for the Turbo's you install differentials and a transmission that will handle the power. Not a smart idea to just up the power that much without thinking about the entire drive train. Oh, I nominate Honda Civic drivers as a top ten douchebag list.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting list! I agree with it for the most part, especially with BMW. As other pointed out, it is usually the 325,330,335i,6series, X and some of the M crowd that are the douchiest. 5,7 series are, in my experience, not all that douchey in neither their driving nor their attitude. Z4 drivers can be douchey. Z3 drivers are generally fun, reasonable people.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Three-quarter ton trucks used by cunts who've never hauled a thing in their lives.

I've not seen as much bad driving behavior or lifestyle douchebaggery from BMW drivers as Benz/Lexus - perhaps because the latter are so much more popular with the elderly, women who text while driving and my favorite: tiny elderly Asian women who can't quite figure out how to text while driving. I associate Benz aspirants with njguido.com, whereas BMW fans still tend to be car nerds a lot of the time.

So what are the least-douchey vehicles? I've rarely run into a Passat/Jetta/GTI driver who was a prick.

I agree with the first sentence and disagree with the next two paragraphs. 2 paragraph should be reversed. A little asian lady texting in her Mercedes is not a douche. A 3-series coupe whipping through traffic just get two cars ahead at the next light is a douche. More NJ guidos go for BMWs than Benz (save the W204 series c-class).

Jetta and Golf drivers can be quite douchey. Not so much on the Passat

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates

Jetta and Golf drivers can be quite douchey. Not so much on the Passat

Not sure about 'drivers' but the enthusiasts group (the people that talk about them on forums) are largely dash-strokers who try and lord the "superior German engineering (hencho en mexico)" of a Jetta over quantitatively superior Japanese cars.

Granted, we do the same with European clothes compared to Asian and American ones
devil.gif

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
What cars arent for douchebags?
None. Then what will I drive you might ask: answer Triumph Speed Triple. Screams bad-ass even when not moving.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is bullshit. I've seen douchebags on the road driving all kinds of cars. Actually, I find people who drive sensible cars at a sensible speed in the left lane of a 3 or 4 lane highway to be the biggest douches of all. I wouldn't have to tailgate you in my BMW if you and your Toyota Camry would get the **** out of the way!!!

I've logged a lot of miles on the highway (probably around 500k miles) and I've seen people in all kinds of vehicles act like douches. So, guess what? Even though you might be driving a car that is not on that list, there's a good chance that you're still a douchebag.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
This is bullshit. I've seen douchebags on the road driving all kinds of cars. Actually, I find people who drive sensible cars at a sensible speed in the left lane of a 3 or 4 lane highway to be the biggest douches of all. I wouldn't have to tailgate you in my BMW if you and your Toyota Camry would get the **** out of the way!!!

I've logged a lot of miles on the highway (probably around 500k miles) and I've seen people in all kinds of vehicles act like douches. So, guess what? Even though you might be driving a car that is not on that list, there's a good chance that you're still a douchebag.

You speak lots of truth.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
What about all those pick up trucks driving by people that haul nothing but soccer equipment.
Mine hauls ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads