1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The tom james experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ROT, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Actually it is called English-American.

It is a rather medicore garment for the money that the Tom James salesman charge.

Also the fittings are dsone in the office. The salesperson will never point out minor flaws. Do you think they want to drag that suit back to the tailors to fix a sleve for 1/4"?

2. ROT

ROT Senior member

Well, I met with the very new and well-meaning salesguy. He is sending me information about the construction of their suits. There are some nice patterns and fabrics from "Sherry & Holland." He explained that the suits are not true custom and only require a dozen or so measurements and fewer fittings (this is supposed to be a good thing.) I gather this is for the exec who doesn't want to have to think about his clothing or relish the minutia of helping to design his suit.

The prices for the Ventura (the top-of-the-line) range from $2,700 - $12,000. For that kind of change, I'd buy a ticket to London.

Thanks everyone for all the input. If there's any interest, I will post the info the sends for the eidfication of one and all.

On to the other few local custom folks to check out their wares.