1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The "things you can't believe you just saw" thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gomestar, Jun 25, 2012.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Often I see students on my campus with their pants pulled down so low that they have to hike them up periodically in order to be able to continue walking. I think they look about as ridiculous as a person can look, but that's not the thing I can't believe I saw. What I saw just the other day was a student do the reverse: he looked down and decided he wasn't showing enough of his Fruit of the Looms, so he pulled his pants down a good couple of inches, right there in public.

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

It is very easy to get used to.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just saw a guy with a spiderweb tattooed on his face.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Face tats are quite common in England in certain lowlife circles..

5. patrickBOOTH

I think this guy was among them. He was a character for sure, by the look of the rest of him.

6. patrickBOOTH

I should also mention the spiderweb tattoo occupied his entire face.

7. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

facial tattoos are pretty much deciding that you are accepting a certain place in society. Unless you are a successful artist or employed in a field where your clients don't see you or are of the same social group, it's a very limiting move. ..and it's never anything good looking; it always makes me wonder what they were thinking (or not). I bet you one day he looked into the mirror and said "you know what my face is missing? A big dumb ass spider web! If I get that tattooed right on there, everything will be perfect. I will gain the admiration of all who see me."

8. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Senior member

A face or neck tattoo basically says "unemployable".

9. patrickBOOTH

Maybe he was a tattoo artist.

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

There's a guy that I know from around the neighborhood for years, who has a spiderweb tattoo that covers his face and entire shaved head. I'm pretty sure that he's an artist, either that or a serial killer. He's a pretty nice guy and seems like a good dad.

11. patrickBOOTH

Does his kids have the same face tattoos? Maybe it is not a tattoo, but a genetic trait.

12. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

are you sure it was a tattoo? Maybe he walked into a web...

13. dopey

This made me think of the "my girlfriend goes to Wellesley" Joke.

14. patrickBOOTH

15. dopey

A woman walks into her doctor’s office and says “Doctor, I have this terrible rash.” She lifts up her sweater to reveal a large ‘M’ shaped rash. The doctor replies, “Now that is the strangest rash I’ve ever seen.” The woman explains, “Well my boyfriend goes to Michigan and refuses to take off his letter sweater when we make love.” The doctor shrugs her shoulders, prescribes some lotion and sends the woman on her way.

The next day another woman comes in with a very similar rash. “How did you get that?” the doctor asks. “My boyfriend goes to MIT and he refuses to take his letter sweater off when we make love,” she says. The doctor prescribes some lotion and sends the young lady on her way.

The third day another young woman comes into the doctor’s office and she too has a big rash in the shape of an ‘M’ on her chest. “Let me guess,” the doctor says. “Your boyfriend goes to Maryland?” “No,” the patient replies, “My girlfriend goes to Wellesley.”

3 people like this.
  16. patrickBOOTH

17. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

should've asked him if he was out biking and he ran through a giant web.

18. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Some good laughs in this thread. I'll contribute to keep it going:

So I'm waiting in line at the Post Office today. The guy in front of me has two boxes he's dropping-off. I'm casually messing around on my iPhone, when--I swear to god--I hear a croaking noise coming from one of his boxes. I glance up, then I hear the sound again several more times. Sounds like the dude is mailing live frogs or something, WTF?? I look at the boxes, look at him quizzically, and he glared back at me like, "so fucking what?!?" Bizarre...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Hugely fat woman that obviously just got off the bus. Cellphone in one hand to her ear, cigarette in the other hand, huge stomach between the handles of a baby stroller and that's how she's pushing it. Moving very slowly. In the cross walk I want to make a right hand turn through.

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  20. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

^ meh - happens everyday

One time I saw a fat woman wandering around the airport in oversized sweats and a tank top - her gut was hanging out several inches under her tanktop and over her sweatpants :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: