1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Thin Blue Line

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Checks, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

I don't recall anyone on SF who is a police officer or firefighter, but if you've ever seen the way that those communities pull together to honor those who die in the line of duty, it is something to behold.

I was able to see such a display by the police and fire communities in my state this last week, and I know that it gave great comfort to my friend, who lost her husband. I'm certain we've all seen the post-9/11 things on the television, but it is even more moving up-close.

For my part, it certainly gave me a greater appreciation for the work they do, and the risks they take, for the rest of us.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member