The Teacher Thread

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by NewYorkIslander, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

unwanted children
    I just noticed the redundancy [​IMG]

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Discount is about 50% of normal cost. No programs like that in China for me, unfortunately. [​IMG] Well, they don't teach anything worthwhile really- I think my pedagogy is second to none and I have a lot of really good experience. But, the market seems to demand I have a Masters and who am I to refuse.
    That's a pretty good discount. What other programs do they offer that you might be interested in? Oh, I definitely think you should get the Masters. These days, a teacher is basically dead weight without one. I was just questioning what you were thinking of getting it in.
    I just noticed the redundancy [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Seems the programs aren't really attendable only on weekends. Not sure what to do... some schools have online masters programs, but I'm sure they're expensive as fuck if the school is any good.

4. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Seems the programs aren't really attendable only on weekends. Not sure what to do... some schools have online masters programs, but I'm sure they're expensive as fuck if the school is any good.
    Yeah Eason, finding a weekend only program is going to be next to impossible. Just face it man, you're going to have to give up your nights. Fuck in the morning from now on, just to get prepared.

7. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

I have a masters and am the PE department head. Not sure why it's sad.
    You want to get a masters to be a fucking PE teacher? Come on, Eason, that's just sad.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have a masters and am the PE department head. Not sure why it's sad.
    I was just busting his chops. Calm down. You teach high school? You also run the athletics side of things?

9. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

i cant say i read all 13 pages but i will be tutoring a bunch of year 5/6 students tomorrow and was just looking for some pointers?

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Tutoring them in what? How many? Have a plan and be authoritative if they try and jerk you around.

11. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Love this thread--haven't had time to read everything yet, but I've been in the profession for 4 years, currently teach at the middle level and love it.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tutoring them in what? How many? Have a plan and be authoritative if they try and jerk you around.
    +1. You'll run into two types of students: The ones that are forced into tutoring for one reason or another and the ones who are there because they actually want help to improve. The first group will attempt to sabotage the second group.
    Love this thread--haven't had time to read everything yet, but I've been in the profession for 4 years, currently teach at the middle level and love it.
    Middle's the worst. Too old to be told what to do, too young to be severely disciplined, just hitting puberty, etc.. Ugh.

13. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

It does take special people to successfully teach middle school. I have great respect for them.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

It does take special people to successfully teach middle school. I have great respect for them.
    Absolutely. The person I take care of taught for a few years after being in elem and high for the majority of her time. She said it was the worst of the three. By a wide margin.