• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tannery Leather Jackets?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has tried ordering a leather jacket from "The Tannery" on ebay? If so what do think? They've been talked about positively over on filmjackets forum, but the people there don't seem particularly knowledgable about quality.

For those unfamilar with "The Tannery", they basically sell belstaff replicas for under 300.

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Has tried ordering a leather jacket from "The Tannery" on ebay? If so what do think? They've been talked about positively over on filmjackets forum, but the people there don't seem particularly knowledgable about quality.

For those unfamilar with "The Tannery", they basically sell belstaff replicas for under 300.

jay-ninja has ordered from them before and speaks very highly of them, he says the quality is quite nice.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I appericate Jay's pics, but that being said I'd like some other opinions and/or pics.

Thanks for the response.

richmaguni

Reaction score
I ordered a medium panther in tan back in late January and I'm waiting for it to come. Will post a review when it gets here.

richmaguni

Reaction score
My jacket came in the mail monday. So far I'm very happy with the quality, but I'm still in the process of breaking it in. Pics to come

Woodyear

Reaction score
I ordered my small panther jan 10th and it just finally got here yesterday. Quality is great, seller is less than stellar...had to open an ebay buyer protection case before my jacket came. Even the small was a little big, threw the jacket in the washing mashine then dried on hot, now it fits perfect.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the similar problem, I brought mine 2th Feb, I have been waiting for ages, I thought they will be able to send the good in 20days, Even now I haven't got a track number....

The communication is very rude, I am slightly depressed about that. I hope the jacket will look good, if not, I will sell it straight away as it is getting warm here

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As soon as my jacket has arrived, I will post an auction on ebay and you guys would be able to have a look, I heard good comments about the garment but haven't seen one in real life

Woodyear

Reaction score
Its a quality piece, even if it took a month and a half to arrive with no tracking info of any sort, though the seller promises 10 to 20 days. Jacket really is nice though, dense buffalo leather, nicely predistressed. Sturdy double ykk zipper, nice neat stitching. The jacket is a great deal but the seller needs to step his game up before i could really feel good about sending him business.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with them about a Brad style they have. It did take a couple weeks for them to respond, but they are helpful when they do. I am still debating on them and hopefully will get some extra hours in the lab to help pay for the jacket, so I can give a report of what they have to offer.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have open a ebay protection case as well today, I hope it is either coming or refund, I just can't withstand bad business practice, they should have told me that the thing will arrive later

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is arrived, Absolute stunning, I guess I am not going to sell it

Anyone wants pictures???

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by add911_11
The jacket is arrived, Absolute stunning, I guess I am not going to sell it

Anyone wants pictures???

Yes post pics!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads