• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello I have a shoulder divot in the back under the sleevehead. It is not visible from the front, but if I turn it shows on the side. What is causing this? I took photos from all sides. Can this be fixed with alterations, what alterations should I do, or should I leave it as is? Maybe it is not that bad, the front looks good. What is your opinion? Thank you!

View attachment 1433931View attachment 1433932View attachment 1433933View attachment 1433934
Not worth the cost or effort. Higher risk it would come out worse if not diagnosed or done properly. Not an easy adjustment to do. Looks like the shoulder and sleeve are too narrow, may not be able to correct it 100% and you wouldn't know until the work was attempted.

chatelet

Reaction score
I find that the rear ‘flap’ on my linen jacket is easily warped through creasing and no longer covers the rear (until ironed). Any ideas? I wonder if I could add some interlining on the inside.

Reaction score
Hi all, know that these aren't the best pictures but would really appreciate feedback (especially from @Despos ) on the fit of this suit.

(Shirt was not ironed, my bad.)

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

EddieK

Reaction score
Hi @Despos, Can I get your expertise on this please?
I got three custom shirts here. One of them had darts put in the back. I'm quite happy with how clean the book looks. But the other two shirts (Shirt 2 and 3) have a bit of wrinkling and excess fabric in the back. I'm wondering if just putting in darts would clean it up and make it look like Shirt 1?
All these shirts are supposed to be the same measurements.

Attachments

Phreaka

Reaction score
Friends,

Recently got a trial suit. Would love your feedback on it: Trial Suit
What I will change (if no one disagrees): Bellied lapel and open lower quarter, shirt sleeve, larger around the biceps, lower the front rise of trousers, longer inseam for a very slight break, perhaps increase hem width for proportionality.

Thanks for your help!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.