• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

monkk

Reaction score
LOL what do you mean disappeared ? how much did you pay for them and more importantly who is the tailor?
Well,they did not disappeared, just stopped visiting city I live.
Bit disappointed of them being too 'italian' and selling as all is possible and alterations untill fully happy. On first trial arriving without anyone speaking other language apart Italian. And pants delivering when I cannot try them on, leaving them to pick up and later requesting to send via post to fix.

Last edited:

DapperPhilly

Reaction score
Were they expensive? In my humble opinion your trousers look good and it's natural to have few creases here and there when you move.
Yeah, it boggles my mind how many people think clothing doesn't fit well or isn't tailored correctly when its really just a matter of body type.

buddyfuzz

Reaction score
Can one remove the roll of fabric from beneath the collar on a shirt the same way it can be done on a jacket (shortening the collar)?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent in these blue wool pants for Luxire to replicate (albeit slimmer than SF approved, but I enjoy this type of fit).

View attachment 1327417

The replication of these Drago Birdseye (250gsm) pants is the exact same, but doesn't quite drape as nicely and I have significant bunching/twisting in places, I'm sure attributed to a lighter fabric.

View attachment 1327423View attachment 1327421View attachment 1327422View attachment 1327424

2 questions:

1) What can I get a tailor to improve with these current pants (shorten length? 1"? 2"?)

2) What recommendations for my next iteration (little tight in the seat)
Shortened the length a bit, and fixed some other seat issues. Probably the best I can do with this pair for now, will consider a slightly higher rise on the next go!

A09F811F-B65F-4DC8-B950-AFC81C32E715.jpeg22A3D062-8C25-4C31-B936-EA8ABD67A6AA.jpeg7092837B-E181-4253-9B6F-8064D36BE890.jpeg

buddyfuzz

Reaction score
Can a waistcoat be shortened from the top? I understand it would change proportions etc, but in theory, is there any reason a waistcoat couldn't have 1cm taken off the length by re-joining the top of the front to the back, but cutting out the top 1cm?

Thanks!

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can a waistcoat be shortened from the top? I understand it would change proportions etc, but in theory, is there any reason a waistcoat couldn't have 1cm taken off the length by re-joining the top of the front to the back, but cutting out the top 1cm?

Thanks!
Yes

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back at square 1. This used to be a 36R, tailor had to let out the armholes and the back from weightlifting.

What on earth is going on with the back and sides, and can this be fixed? If so, what should I tell my tailor?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or find a new tailor?
Been down that road. He's the best around where I live, the others can't do anything beyond hemming jeans or taking in a shirt.

He narrowed the shoulders on an overcoat and shortened the collar on a jacket successfully in the past, so I'm thinking it's a communication issue. I did tell him I don't want the jacket catching on my butt as well.

chatelet

Reaction score
Back at square 1. This used to be a 36R, tailor had to let out the armholes and the back from weightlifting.

What on earth is going on with the back and sides, and can this be fixed? If so, what should I tell my tailor?
I’m no expert but it looks like there is excess fabric everywhere below the shoulders. Perhaps it didn’t need to be let out at all?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%