• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, as always sir!

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the primary cause of wedgie butt and ripply legs as seen here? This is a common problem I have OTR even with waist fits well and thighs feel fine. Experts?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you, as always sir!
Did you check the lining?
Do you feel pressure against your shoulder and upper arm? Like the sleeves are pressing in against your arms/shoulders? Even more than normal when you reach forward?

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will check in the morning.

After reviewing the measurements I originally sent to the factory, the hip measurement on the jacket I submitted is larger than on the trousers. Doh! I should note that I ordered the trousers separately from the jacket (don't ask why LoL) so clearly I was at fault in being inconsistent with that particular measurement.

I reached out to the tailor from factory and am awaiting to hear their feedback. Thanks

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong message...

Llamanodrama

Reaction score
Do you feel pressure against your shoulder and upper arm? Like the sleeves are pressing in against your arms/shoulders? Even more than normal when you reach forward?

Hi despos,

I have the same issue in one of my jackets and i do feel what u described up above. The jacket is not tight however and is cut pretty full.

I checked the lining and it seems fine, though im not sure what im looking for.

May i know what is the issue u are referring to? Thanks!

Llamanodrama

Reaction score
Hi despos,

I have the same issue in one of my jackets and i do feel what u described up above. The jacket is not tight however and is cut pretty full.

I checked the lining and it seems fine, though im not sure what im looking for.

May i know what is the issue u are referring to? Thanks!

Sorry i just read ur previous post. The lining is not too small. Its an odd jacket so no pants seat to compare to.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two separate issues. The lining question is regarding the fold of cloth on the jacket. Feeling pressure on shoulder and arms is not related to the lining.

tman87

Reaction score
Thoughts on this S&M shirt?

Attachments

• IMG_5412.jpeg
    IMG_5412.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5484.jpeg
    IMG_5484.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 84

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Thoughts on this S&M shirt?

While it would have helped if you'd ironed out the package creases and stick links in the cuffs, tough to imagine a better fitting shirt. Looks grand. (You have doubts?)

tman87

Reaction score
While it would have helped if you'd ironed out the package creases and stick links in the cuffs, tough to imagine a better fitting shirt. Looks grand. (You have doubts?)
Yeah i didn’t want to iron it before keeping. My only question is if the shoulder seams look narrow. I move fine in it just from an aesthetic standpoint. (I struggle finding balance between having wide strong shoulder vs slimmer which makes your arms/deltoids appear more prominent. They are about 17.5” wonder if I should be at 18.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
^

You're communicating here with someone who doesn't know what a deltoid is. An airline? The shirt looks good as-is. Really good. (And how would you get that xtra 1/2 inch? This isn't MTM, is it?)

papado

Reaction score
Yeah i didn’t want to iron it before keeping. My only question is if the shoulder seams look narrow. I move fine in it just from an aesthetic standpoint. (I struggle finding balance between having wide strong shoulder vs slimmer which makes your arms/deltoids appear more prominent. They are about 17.5” wonder if I should be at 18.

Shoulder/yoke width looks good. I don't think you need that extra half an inch

Reniliaz

Reaction score
Recently got an OTR suit back from alterations. Had the suit jacket taken in at the waist, and pants also taken in at the waist. There's LOTS of problems, but I'm wondering about two places in particular.

Suit.JPG

What are these caused by? And why is there assymetry?

What should I be saying to my tailor to get these issues fixed up?

Comments on other aspects of the suit also appreciated.

More pictures:
suit2.JPG
suit3.JPG
suit4.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads