Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Will try to get those ASAP.

2. Katre

Katre New Member

I have two new jackets on which I will be doing some alterations. I was thinking shortening the sleeves and fixing the collar roll. Maybe reduce the waist slightly on the nave one. Any other suggestions?

Boglioli_2.JPG

Boglioli_4.JPG

Caruso_2.JPG

Caruso_4.JPG

3. map1690

map1690 New Member

Hello,

I just received my first order from Luxire. The order consisted of a trial fit shirt and pants and I am pleased with the results as a first step in an iterative process. I have attached pictures and any help in ironing out some of the glaring issues would be greatly appreciated.

Shirt: I believe the shirt fits well in the shoulders, chest, and sleeves. However, the shirt has this bunching that occurs just above the pant line at the back of the shirt. It also seems to pop up a bit at the front. The shirt fits snugly below the pant line. Does anyone know how to remedy the bunching please?
    Pants: There are creases forming at the crotch of the pants. Would an increase in the front rise by an inch alleviate this issue? The pants also bunch at the knees. I think increasing the circumference of the pant by an inch throughout the pant legs might work to minimize this issue. Lastly, I have the wedgie effect at the back of the pants. I do not know the cause or remedy to this fit issue, any help would be great! Thank you!

Front.jpg

back.jpg

Side L.jpg

side R.jpg

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

lets iron out the issues.
    first iron the shirt and press the pants before posting photos.
    second take pictures in shoes, or at least socks....
    i really don't need to see your bare feet...
    now the issues
    shirt
    i have a feeling that after several washes the collar will be too tight
    sleeves are too short
    chest is too tight
    i would bet the hips are too tight as well
    because the hips on the pants are too tight and the rise is too short.
    yoke is too wide
    add darts to the back of the shirt

5. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

@Funcheese , I got my PC remake in the mail this week. Here are some pics after wearing tucked in for a few hours, hence the wrinkles. Also, my cuff wasn't seated properly over my watch, so it is flaring a bit, but it does clear the watch normally. Per @Shirtmaven suggestion, I changed to one piece yoke and added .25 of adjustment for sloping shoulders (should I add more on my next shirt?). Other changes I made were slimming the yoke and the midsection by .25", changed to tailored shoulder/armpit, and added a second pleat at the cuff. Wondering if I should dare to go any slimmer in the sleeve and the midsection, or if that is tempting fate.

IMG_3936.jpg IMG_3938.jpg IMG_3940.jpg IMG_3942.jpg

6. ThomasRW

ThomasRW New Member

Hello everyone! Newbie to SF here...

I just got a Suit Supply Lazio suit, and wanted to know how the fit was, and if its flaws can be tailored (aside from sleeve length, that's covered).

Thanks! 1 - xPP324c.jpg 2 - 3kea7Yu.jpg 3 - yqrrQ5R.jpg 4 - TRFo5rk.jpg 5 - HeZnD5M.jpg

7. vim147

vim147 Well-Known Member

Anyone had the waist band lowered to reduce the rise ?
    I have a pair of chinos which could do with rise being 1 inch shorter. Am confident on using a sewing machine for simple alterations.
    Was thinking of taking the waist band off and lowering it an inch as long as doesn't interfere with the pockets too much

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

I had it done years ago for a MTM pants. It was expensive. Although it was done propelry I was never happy with the subsequent fit. Not sure if it was directly related.

9. Roen

Roen Senior Member

Front, under the chest, I think you'll agree that those wrinkles shouldn't be there. Seems like too much cloth.
    Back, too much cloth in the upper back and along the armpits. Conversely, waist seems tight judging from the 'X' around the lumbar.
    Sleeves, left looks ok, but right has a shoulder dimple. Are you uneven in your shoulders / arms, or is that just how you're wearing the jacket?

Tailoring should be able to clean up a few of those flaws.

Off the rack suit, I hope?

10. Mr.Hugo

Mr.Hugo New Member

Gents. Could I kindly ask for your advice on how to get the lower part of these bespoke trouser altered to fit nice and straight. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

11. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Did the tailor notice you are now legged?
    They will never hang properly because they are too narrow and a too long to drape. Are these wool?

12. Born2beking

Born2beking New Member

Hi, I own a couple of suits at the moment (one navy, one charcoal) and would like some advice on their fits. I am planning on buying another suit, and want to be sure about exactly what I'm looking for with regards to fit.

* 1) https://imgur.com/a/dgIRX
    For the navy suit, I am concerned mainly about the jacket being too short, and there being stretch marks at the back.

2017-11-20 12.30.35.jpg

* 2) https://imgur.com/a/GXyID
    For the charcoal jacket, I feel that it may be too long, shoulders might be a bit big, and possibly the waist can be taken in a bit.

2017-11-20 12.39.35.jpg

* 3) For both trousers, I am wondering if I should get them tapered. They look okay from the side, but from the front, the bottom seems to billow out to the side a bit too much for my liking.
    Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2017-11-20 12.31.16.jpg

2017-11-20 12.31.48.jpg