The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior member

Not a tailor but I will give a view. The jacket is quite a clean cut so not too bad in many respects as you say. However the big issue is that it is about 1.5 or even 2 inches shorter than a classic length and, as a result, the buttoning point is a little higher than it should be to flatter you best. Many SF posters (well, one or two predictable curmudgeons) will tell you to burn the suit because of this issue, but you just need to decide if you like or can tolerate the length as it cannot be altered. Your jacket length is also precisely the same as many 'modern fit' off the rack suits, so you will not stand out unduly.

Cannot really see the trousers to comment, but it does not look as though they hang very cleanly.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 3:43 AM

2. Miyagi

Miyagi New Member

Thank you Aloysius16 for that feedback. For the jacket length I have asked them a modern fit. I'm quite happy with it but this was maybe not the best choice. For the buttoning point I asked them to lowered it, but they where pretty sure about the positionning and because it's my first suit I listened to them.

Otherwise here are some pictures of the trousers. I'm travelling so I don't have any proper shoes, so I have take my sneakers. Any feedbacks is more than welcome again.

pant_1.jpg

pant_2.jpg

pant_3.jpg

pant_4.jpg

pant_5.jpg

pant_6.jpg