The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. moizak

moizak Active Member

I hope this is the right thread for this.

OK, here goes, God help me. :)

So, I've been a member of SF for a while, even posted a few very poor fits a long while ago and realised there was a fair amount of physical changes needed before I could start dressing myself well. So, I've lost a good few pounds, still a few to go, but I can start thinking about some new clothes and so now I'm back!

However, I still have much to learn before I start trying to build a decent wardrobe of clothes. Firstly, and most importantly, I still find it hard to judge what is a good fit. So, I present some pictures for some advice on the fitting of a shirt and the three blazers/sport coats I own.

Please note: First, ignore the chinos please. Second, I know the coats are not great, that will be addressed in the coming months, it's the fit I'm interested in, particularly the reasons why a fit is or is not good.

Many thanks in advance. Here are some pics.

170525 _ Clothes fit 1.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 2.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 3.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 4.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 5.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 6.jpg

170525 _ Clothes fit 7.jpg

2. moizak

moizak Active Member

Bump. Hope that's allowed!!

3. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Well on your way to building up a fine wardrobe and great fit and balance I`d add! Think you're getting the hang of things and you should have fun in developing a fine wardrobe. You wear them well.

4. PatchedUp

PatchedUp New Member

Hello all,

First of all I would like to say that I have been lurking on these forums for a while now but only posting for the first time now.

I'm looking at getting some items from Luxire and thought I would post some pictures of my best fitting trousers - not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I didn't think they were too bad for OTR.

Thoughts or suggestions? I apologise for the state the shirt is in, so please ignore it if you can!

My thoughts were that there was perhaps work needed around he seat to reduce the wrinkles a little and also to shorten the hem by perhaps half an inch to have a decent full break. I am very much new to all of this however so I'm sure that a more expert eye would be able to pick up much more.

Thank you in advance,

bw PU

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG