1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Thank you, sir. I agree they gave a little more allowance. By shoulders come up .25 on each side. you mean change overall measurement to 17.5?

I did measure my waist pretty accurately but think they gave a bit more allowance here. In addition, I have been on a diet for two weeks which maybe explains! You think I could manage 36.5 there?

Agree on the biceps, I was thinking around .5 or .75 off there.

2. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

seejuslius, just to question you a little further! I am wondering if I should go back on my body measurements (as above) or the shirt. The shirt measures as follows on the main bits you spotted:

-chest 21 inches across
    -waist little over 20 inches across
    -biceps 8.5 inches
    -armhole 9.5 inches

Clarity on what you mean by the shoulders would also be handy!

Many thanks, sir.

3. greger

greger Senior member

Gavinband, you have sloped shoulders. The Armholes are to high.

4. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Ok, so selecting sloped shoulders with Luxire should make an adjustment for that? In addition to the tweaks also?

5. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

the entire shirt is a disaster.
    you have very sloping shoulders with a left low.
    how do they measure cuff circumference from edge to edge.. 9" should be correct.

how long are the collar points.
    they look too long.
    also
    no shoulder tucks
    add darts

I could go on....

6. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

I went for 8 inch cuffs as I have slim wrists.

Please, do go on. I am aware this shirt is bad, it's the first and is very much a test. As much information to go on the better. The collar point is 3 inches (think I am measuring right), is that too long?

Where would darts be added? What would I ask for? Sorry, this is my first mtm shirt.

7. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

p.s. the feedback is very much appreciated, anymore detail you can provide so I can go back with a detailed answer to Luxire is amazing.

8. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Also, I noticed that my body measurement across back is 16.5 inches but the actual shirt is 21 inches, is this right?

9. Shirtmaven

this is a typical disaster of self measured. MTM

I can't really go on, I would need to actually see and measure you in person.

photos are helpful to a certain extent.

going to a person who know how to measure is worth the added cost.

10. kayjaybee

kayjaybee Senior member

X-post from the SS NYC thread...@jcmeyer was nice enough to provide comments, but looking for some more before returning the jacket. TIA!

---

Good evening. First time poster to this thread so I was hoping for some advice. I purchased my first piece from SuitSupply last week and need some comments on fit. I know I don't have the ideal body type like many of the posters here, but the jacket I bought from SuitSupply is the nicest I've had. I usually wear a 42L but went with the 44r based on measurements. I feel like the button stance is a bit high and the length is a little short, but I'm not sure. Sleeves are too long and shoulders are a bit too wide, but compared to my other OTR stuff the feel and cut of the SS jacket is on another level. Any comments are appreciated. Might not be for me, but I sure do like it.

Havana Plain Navy from the Autumn/Winter collection..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  11. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Gents

So trying to figure out exactly what changes to make to that earlier luxire I posted. Comparing to an old extra slim fit from CT. the chest on the CT is around 2 inches smaller, biceps around an inch less and the waist around 2 inches or just over less, too. Now I know the arm holes are probably too high again due to my sloping shoulders. Attached some pics. Too tight, right? I ask because it means I can find middle ground between the too large first make from luxire (way too large in my view compared to my body measurements) and the too tight CT. individuals who commented before for me, would value your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. GuP

GuP Senior member

X post

13. fabrix

fabrix Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Looking for some advice before I take it to the tailor.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  14. Hawberry

Hawberry Member

I think these fit very well. The first one needs to be taken in a bit in the waist.

15. bebop d

bebop d Senior member

I find myself pulling up the back waist band of my (Luxire) pants. Is there a simple (tailoring/pattern) fix to this for my next pair?

FWIW I had been advised to shorten the "back length" from a previous pair to remove some of the excess fabric under the seat. Although perhaps there's no correlation between those two issues?

I'm considering a higher overall rise. Would that help/hurt?

16. greger

greger Senior member

Gavinband,
    One of your shoulders is rather low compare the other. You have a whole bunch of "drags" over there.
    The darts in the back, are they causing pulling on the front of the belly? Or, perhaps, the fronts needs to be cut with more room for out front.
    How loose or close fitting is up to you. But, never tight.

17. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Thanks. I have sloping shoulders as standard and one slopes more than the other. I can inform luxire of this. Assuming this causes pulls due to the higher arm holes? In all honesty the chest on this shirt is probably 1 inch too tight. My last luxire was 4 inches over body measurement, this CT is one over body measurement and so I think a nice medium will be 2 inches.

Not sure regarding the darts......

18. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

Help! Should I keep this new suit? I am concerning about the jacket back, what needs to be done to make it cleaner?

Do I need a little more waist suppression? Is the jacket a little too long? Any other suggestions besides sleeves needs too be shortened? (The sleeves are not finished)

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. fabrix

fabrix Member

Shanghai - have your tailor pin some shoulder fabric in. May take the folding out from behind your arm and fix how it lays in back.

20. Shirtmaven

Gavin
    was this shirt made for you or RTW

you have a very low right shoulder

also your pants are too tight.
    remember if the shirt is too tighr, sitting down becomes uncomfortable.

fabrix
    sleeves are too long, too wide, cuffs are too large in circumfrence
    yoke too wide and one shoulder is longer then the other.

shangai

the jacket is a full size too large too long.