The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Anyone? Not trying to be annoying, just hoping for some help :)

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012

2. silkman

silkman Active Member

Hello tailors.

Looking on your thoughts on this fit - I bought this zegna suit but they did a horrible job at the time. I left it for 2 or so years in the closet and took it back to them and this time they did a better job, also adding some decent wait suppression. But this is in my opinion, what do you think?

Tried to do the best with photos but they are only adequate, sorry for that. I upped brightness & contrast a bit...

Oh and excuse the crappy shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And without the jacket...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closeup of the fabric...
    [​IMG]

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Short front balance causes the fronts to hike up and pull away from your body at the hem. The left may do so more if you have a low right shoulder. Would taper the trouser leg but not at the bottom, just shorten. Doesn't appear to have harmony, the line of the jacket with the trouser but can't point out why.

4. Despos

The first suit looked better than the 3rd. I wouldn't order from them again. Doesn't work for you.

5. Despos

Helps to reduce the stress on the buttons and adds support to the cloth so there is less risk of the cloth being damaged. Just wise to use the backing buttons, no rule there.

6. Despos

Can't tell about the length from these pictures.
    Don't narrow the shoulder. the jacket needs definition at the waist. If the shoulder were more narrow and with the straight line of the torso you will appear A shaped. Not flattering.

7. ZirconiumZephyr

ZirconiumZephyr Well-Known Member

Thanks, will see how it looks once I get the trousers sorted.
    I believe it is a wool/mohair blend....supposedly full canvassed (can definitely feel a third layer in the lapels) yet the front fabric is noticable thicker that sleeves on pinch test.

8. Despos

This looks like the right size for you. maybe take in the back a little to clean up the blades and add a little shape. Trousers need more work than the jacket. They may be too snug in the thigh.

9. Despos

New blazer and slacks for me - would love feedback on the fit of both items. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [
    /quote]

jacket pictures are too dark to see anything. Trousers could use some shape to the leg and lift the back part to get rid of the wrinkles under the seat.

10. Despos

Shirt could be tapered and the sleeves shorten. Have this one altered before ordering others to see if you like and are happy with the adjustments.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012

11. Despos

12. Despos

Nice vintage jacket. Start with shortening the sleeves. The back balance is long and causes the wrinkles on the lower back, could be a bit snug on the hip. You may or may not want to fool with that. Depends on your tailor and the cost.

13. Despos

The pictures look a bit distorted in how trim the lower parts of the jacket, waist and hips, compared to the chest. Have you tried other makers in this size to compare the look and proportion?

14. Despos

Hello tailors.

Looking on your thoughts on this fit -  I bought this zegna suit but they did a horrible job at the time.  I left it for 2 or so years in the closet and took it back to them and this time they did a better job, also adding some decent wait suppression.  But this is in my opinion, what do you think? 

Tried to do the best with photos but they are only adequate, sorry for that.  I upped brightness & contrast a bit...

Oh and excuse the crappy shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And without the jacket...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closeup of the fabric...
    [​IMG]
    [
    /quote]

shorten the sleeves to the break where your wrist and hand meet. You want to see some shirt cuff.

15. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't had a chance to try much else yet. This is really my first foray into suiting and the like. I'm not sure if the angle my girlfriend took the pictures at led to the lower part looking odd, the vents are also closed. Does the upper part of the jacket look ok? Or what areas should I look for improvement? Sorry for such basic questions :embar:

I sincerely appreciate the help.