The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Sep 14, 2011.

1. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

sounds as though the rise is too long.

2. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Either you have a really low waist or no, they aren't... if you like the low rise look that's OK and in that case the rise is too long, but they don't seem to be at the waist [​IMG]

3. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Had my RTW shirt tailored so I can use it as my base. Overall I am pretty happy with the result. Next stop, Ratio Clothing. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kwriley

kwriley Member

Quote:
    Either you have a really low waist or no, they aren't... if you like the low rise look that's OK and in that case the rise is too long, but they don't seem to be at the waist [​IMG] RDiaz

The pants are baggy and I am not wearing a belt but that pants are at my waist area. I am not a fan of the low rise. I think the pants are to big in the crotch and hips. Is it normal to take off about 4 inches from the hip and 1.5" from the crotch. Again thank you for all and any help and I do mean that.

5. kwriley

kwriley Member

Quote:
    Either you have a really low waist or no, they aren't... if you like the low rise look that's OK and in that case the rise is too long, but they don't seem to be at the waist [​IMG] RDiaz

The pants are baggy and I am not wearing a belt but the pants are at my waist area. I am not a fan of the low rise. I think the pants are to big in the crotch and hips. Is it normal to take off about 4 inches from the hip and 1.5" from the crotch. Again thank you for all and any help and I do mean that.

6. a tailor

Had my RTW shirt tailored so I can use it as my base. Overall I am pretty happy with the result. Next stop, Ratio Clothing. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/quote

wish you would have buttoned the collar.
    the shirt looks fine. is it comfortable?
    a shirt should never be tight around the hips.
    add 6 inches around the hip/seat measure.

7. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Can I get some feedback on the fit? I only got the waist and lengths of the pants altered. I have a really skinny upper body so I'm not sure if it was right to slim down the jacket. The fit is not perfect but in my inexperienced eyes I think it's okay. This is my first suit and I'm looking to wear them for interviews, etc so I'm looking for something fairly conservative yet slim. Please ignore the shoes, definitely not wearing them with this suit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [
    /quote]

Chest, waist and hips look too snug to my eye.

9. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hard to see much detail but the jacket looks a size too big all over, especially chest and shoulder.

Trouser doesn't hang well, makes you look bow legged. Trouser length is too short and the trousers pull up on the outseam but I can't see what is causing it.

Try other brands next time.

10. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Too big? You make it sound really bad ): If I can get the jacket tailored, what alterations can I make? Can I get some more feedback please?

11. pcsk77

pcsk77 New Member

Hi, was the photo unclear? I can redo the photos or change my post if it helps. Love some feedback on what you think of the fit of my suit. I got it from Thick as Thives.

Thanks!!

12. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Thanks for the reply a tailor. The shirt is comfortable but perhaps I could add a little more room to the waist area. Will adding the extra room in the hip/seat affect how well the shirt stays tucked in?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  13. AJstar

AJstar New Member

To dgsdm:
    I can't tell why the pants are pulling funny, but they are. Also they are too short. You need to get that pants hem let down. Your pants should cover the top of your shoes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  14. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Sorry, could you explain a little about what you mean by "the pants are pulling funny?" Do you mean the cause of the bowing? Also about how much more length do you suppose the pants need?

Could the cause of the bowing or pulling be because of the length?

Thank you for the response!

15. a tailor

if the waist feels as though it could use a couple of inches in the waist, then it needs it.
    yes when the hip is tight then it has a tendency to ride up.
    i would add 2 inches to the length. but then i prefer a longer shirt.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012