• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SwissArmySuit™: a sartorial strip tease

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan
Great idea for the intended purpose of packing light for traveling. Pretty entertaining to watch everyone get amped up for a reversible, color changing suit with a mini saw and toothpick too. Bravo, Bill!

Check your PMs' now brother!

Thank you.

As for the PMs, I've been mulling over your situation...have you ever seen this guy?

simon-cowell.jpg

News won't be good...are you sure that you want me to reply?

- B

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked SF today especially to see this, have to say I was a little underwhelmed with just the button changing, it also dosn't save that much packing space - one jacket, but the difference in formality between the suit and blazer modes is actually quite suprising, and it is fairly cool.
The suit also looks terrific just as is - the most flattering thing Vox has posted.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Checked SF today especially to see this, have to say I was a little underwhelmed with just the button changing, it also dosn't save that much packing space - one jacket, but the difference in formality between the suit and blazer modes is actually quite suprising, and it is fairly cool.
The suit also looks terrific just as is.

Thank you, young man.

As a youngscientist, what do you think about the aspect of economy? Pack one jacket. Also, pay for one jacket.

Packing a blue suit and separate blue blazer would get one two out of the several combinations possible with the SAS, but even with my tailor's reasonable and current dollar-to-pound deflated prices, an extra jacket would cost $2K+. Is it worth saving $2K?

Is less green is more green in the Age of Obama and its inheritance of Bush-era TARPs?

- B

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was a very cleaver idea and extremely well executed as one might expect of Edwin de Boise.

Is it otherwise a normal coat insde pocket wise etc.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
This was a very cleaver idea and extremely well executed as one might expect of Edwin de Boise.

Is it otherwise a normal coat insde pocket wise etc.

Yes, all normal. The only thing Abby Normal are the swappable buttons and the construction to accommodate that.

- B

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lost in all the speculation is that I really do think it is a wonderful suit. I actually am sort of intrigued by the "english" back. Is this the same as a fishtail back?

Thanks vox for a few of your recent threads on drape - I think I'm finally starting to understand what it is, and perhaps why I might want it. Someday. When I can afford this sort of indulgence. Til then, it's clean, OTR chests for me. Or Chan.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Lost in all the speculation is that I really do think it is a wonderful suit. I actually am sort of intrigued by the "english" back. Is this the same as a fishtail back?

Thanks vox for a few of your recent threads on drape - I think I'm finally starting to understand what it is, and perhaps why I might want it. Someday. When I can afford this sort of indulgence. Til then, it's clean, OTR chests for me. Or Chan.

Thanks, and you're welcome.

Yeah, basically it is the same thing on the backs. They are higher versions, though...Manton or Sator (or any of the tailors who visit this forum from time to time) might know if the higher back versions go by a different term.

- B

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's very, very, cool. Possible to have a RTW altered to do this?

SlamMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you.

As for the PMs, I've been mulling over your situation...have you ever seen this guy?

simon-cowell.jpg

News won't be good...are you sure that you want me to reply?

- B

Definitely. I need the straight poop from someone who's obviously doing it right.
teacha.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I like the BlazerSuit for what it is: a casual suit.

I don't consider the BS (pun intended) a casual suit. It is less casual than it could be, but not strictly "casual." It is meant to be wearable for business and to evening social events (and I use it for both). For perfect adherence to conservative business dress, I have gray SB. For daytime formal, add the DB vest. For nightime formal-but-not-black-tie, I wear navy DB. I will sometimes travel with the gray SB if I feel I need to, but rarely with the navy DB. So a night out on the road or home in CA, I wear a BS. In Manhattan (or occasionally London), navy DB.

These BSs are the first navy SBs I have gotten in many years. My first bespoke suit was navy SB, but I stopped wearing it maybe 10 years ago. After that I continued to wear blazers and navy DB. Now I have navy SB in the mix as well, which adds some options.

Chow Chow

Reaction score
Vox:
Could we have a pic with waistcoat on and coat off to see the fit?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a wonderful idea and a great execution. Well thought out, and well executed.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still find the whole thing highly entertaining -- a garment well crafted, and the groundlings mostly flummoxed. Good stuff -- am looking forward to the DB. Will you try a slight colour or texture variation in that application?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads