• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sweater Pr0n Thread

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Need my number? If not I know a good trusts and estates lawyer who is familiar with the iGentry.

Is Ed Hayes on hard times duty?

Originally Posted by iammatt
I agree. They are spectacular. I picked up one of the Drake's fair isles, the browner one, and would love to have more, but I don't have a lot of solid sportcoats, and am not sure I'll ever get more. Still, be sure and report on them when you do order.

Will do...I'm trying decide on what measurements I like the most.

As for the hideous sweater, I am attending a hideous sweater party (don't ask, it is under duress) next week, so call up FedEx, please.

I don't think that FedEx will touch it. It will have to be UPS, which severely reduces the odds of it reaching you.

You wouldn't prefer Fred Astaire?
frown.gif
I am hurt.

The Astaire sweater doesn't sound half bad to me. Is it hideous?

Only in the creative, quirky way that you enjoy.

Pity it is not Fred Flintstone. That would send Mattypoo through the roof.

It's at the reweavers... Either it got too close to a Shun knife or a hungry moth.

Two floors and a few rooms away from my office is a room full of moths with microchips implanted in the bodies and hooked up to their nervous systems. They can be steered remotely in flight.

I'll ask for a few to be sent your way.

In a few years, the technology will be developed enough to implant such devices into larger animials intermediate in size between insects and humans.

So, there is a chance that whnay.'s rage can be controlled. Yes, you have read it here first.

The investment needed? Vast. But the will to succeed? More vast.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

Pity it is not Fred Flintstone. That would send Mattypoo through the roof.

Actually Scooby Doo, who resides on my left shoulder due to an unfortunate drunken 19th birthday.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Actually Scooby Doo, who resides on my left shoulder due to an unfortunate drunken 19th birthday.

Ruh roh.

I hope Scoob is doing Daphne, and not Shaggy.

- B

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
My wife just bought me one of these for Jewish Christmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah
teacha.gif
lol8[1].gif

Wanted to chime in and say that I have developed a distaste for, or at least a boredom with, cashmere over the years. Ten years ago all of my sweaters were cashmere, mainly Loro Piana, Cucinelli, Avon Celli etc, but now, a few pieces excepted, I don't find them worthwhile. Give me linen, cotton, shetland and lambswool over cashmere, thank you very much.

Is the issue one of durability? Warmth? Construction?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Ruh roh.

I hope Scoob is doing Daphne, and not Shaggy.

- B

it's funny, i only see it once or twice a year.

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

Is the issue one of durability? Warmth? Construction?

No, an issue of looks. I prefer non cashmere for its appearance.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Thanks. I believe either this season or last as now they are starting to state "exclusive of decoration". I got it on eBay and dependent on your size there are others to be had. Search "Polo Pheasant".

OK, didn't get any relevant results though when searching for Polo Pheasant.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good brand for a pullover cashmere sweater? No weird grandma style knitting and none of that shawl collar ****.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What's a good brand for a pullover cashmere sweater? No weird grandma style knitting and none of that shawl collar ****.

Higher-end Italian labels are the best option these days: Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Borrelli, Avon Celli, Piacenza, Colombo, Malo, Zegna etc.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere
Higher-end Italian labels are the best option these days: Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Borrelli, Avon Celli, Piacenza, Colombo, Malo, Zegna etc.
Meh.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too much talk and not enough Pron.

Post pictures.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I would say William Lockie, Hawick Cashmere, Scott & Charters, John Laing, but I am biased.

RJ MacMahon.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^When we gonna see the Fred Astaire sweater RJ?
confused.gif

CashmereLover

Reaction score

I notice that you mention Piacenza, I believe this is after me introducing the existence of this manufacturer for you, or did you knew about it earlier?
nod[1].gif

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
I notice that you mention Piacenza, I believe this is after me introducing the existence of this manufacturer for you, or did you knew about it earlier?
nod[1].gif

I knew the company. Until you posted your photos I didn't know they sold under their own label.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I would say William Lockie, Hawick Cashmere, Scott & Charters, John Laing, but I am biased.

RJ MacMahon.

I have three Hawick cashmere sweaters that were hand me downs from Dad. Great sweaters. Old but look fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads