1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Sweater Pr0n Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlanC, Dec 7, 2009.

1. srivats

srivats Senior member

Ruh roh.

I hope Scoob is doing Daphne, and not Shaggy.

Daphne? I present Velma Dinkley:

[​IMG]

I was into nerdy chicks when I was younger. I still am, I think.

2. KBW

KBW Senior member

Thanks. I believe either this season or last as now they are starting to state "exclusive of decoration". I got it on eBay and dependent on your size there are others to be had. Search "Polo Pheasant".
    It is from last season...I have the same sweater but in silk as well as two others that are similar

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

$1K sweaters is more aportnoy (and the two guys who got them already.)

- B

Portnoy would probably get multiple sweaters, including an MTO for good measure.

--Andre

Guilty as charged. I don't get the hate for the Italian stuff. That being said, my current favorite is a hand knit 16 ply Scottish cashmere argyle cardigan from Jay Kos.

Love the Drake's cardigan Matt, i have the the same basic model from Laing.

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

3 Cucinelli & 2 Corneliani

5. furo

furo Senior member

Let the shedding begin:

[​IMG]

Edit: Jesus...even by the standard of the usually crappy quality pics I post here, this one is bad. I need to go to sleep.

lulz

Let us know what you think after a few wearings. Mine has stopped shedding completely (4-5 wearings).

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

hmm what's in this package ...
    [​IMG]
    group shot
    [​IMG]
    close up of sholmit
    [​IMG]
    close up of rye
    [​IMG]

7. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

^I like that last pic. Very nice color variation.

8. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

So far Baron's vintage cashmeres and Dewey's Shetlands have pwned everything else.

Where did you get the Shetlands Dewey?

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

My favorite current sweater is this handknit Cowichan cardigan. These are produced by the Salish of the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island. The wool comes from black sheep, carded to prevent damage to the fibers, and is still hand spun into a lanolin rich yarn. As the sheep age, their fleeces go from black to brown to gray...traditional Cowichans use all the colors. This Wings+Horns version uses just the black, which comes off as dark charcoal under most lighting conditions.

Cowichans were made famous (or infamous) of course on S&H:

[​IMG]

- B

10. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

So far Baron's vintage cashmeres and Dewey's Shetlands have pwned everything else.

Where did you get the Shetlands Dewey?

Spirit of Shetland -- http://www.shetland-knitwear.com/

11. voxsartoria

^ They're related somehow to Louise Irvine, which handles the handknit bespoke and handloomed stuff.

Great sweaters, Dewey.

- B

12. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Spirit of Shetland -- http://www.shetland-knitwear.com/

Bah I am upset at myself for buying a $45 RL lambswool recently. So you just order the standard crewneck classics for $95?

13. voxsartoria

Bah I am upset at myself for buying a $45 RL lambswool recently. So you just order the standard crewneck classics for $95?

No. You have to know the secret password before you can buy.

- B

14. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

[​IMG]

Those look great, but I'm not sure I could get my head through that opening.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cowichans were made famous (or infamous) of course on S&H: [​IMG] - B
    Ah, the famous Tiajuana Cowhican tribe. Marilyn also wore their sweaters. [​IMG]

16. jet

jet Senior member

Now this is a thread I could get off on err in.

17. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Great sweaters, Dewey.
    Thanks B.
    Right. Send them email with chest size, style of sweater desired, and choice of Jamieson's wool. You get charged in pounds and you can pay with PayPal. It's not a bespoke or even made to measure service. There is a size chart on the website and my sense is they will take your chest size, look it up on that size chart, and make you a sweater in that size.
    Those look great, but I'm not sure I could get my head through that opening.
    You could but good eye, the opening is smaller on these two sweaters. They are slipovers i.e. sweater vests. I've received four of these and they all came with smaller neck openings than the opening on their classic v-neck. They are a bit tight at first but they stretch out as the vest molds to the shape of your body. I've never been bothered by the size of the opening. FWIW my classic v-neck from Spirit of Shetland is looser fitting and it has a big, easy opening.

18. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Beautiful topic, these are my favourite sweaters: Drakes of london Fair Isle tank top, 100% Shetland Wool Polo RL Wimbledon Cable tank top, 70% Cotton 30% Cachemire Hackett London Cable Cardigan, 100% Cotton [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. srivats

srivats Senior member

Living in Florida/Texas I don't need sweaters like y'all. I have two shetland sweaters that I wear when it gets *cold* and whenever I travel up north,

Both were made by McGeorge of Scotland - gorgeous mix of colors in both and bought from O'connells (what a great shop).

(click for bigger pics - all from Oconnells' website)

The first one is 'Baroque' - it has flecks of yellow and blue and red all over, looks awesome with most trousers I wear. Grey and navy go especially well with this sweater.

[​IMG]

This perfect for all other trousers and jeans - a very dark purple with red, green and other colors.

[​IMG]

See this page for more colors: http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/mcg...l_sweaters.php

I'd wear shetlands than cashmere anyday.

20. srivats

srivats Senior member

Drakes of london Fair Isle tank top, 100% Shetland Wool

This is gorgeous.

I also like the wimbledon sweater.