• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sweater Pr0n Thread

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own it (don't even know where one can get it), but it generated some buzz in streetwear, from which I'll cross-post it (coventry, lead by a former designer for RLPL knitwear, iirc):

53pwqx.jpg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Uhm, thanks for killing my Chrismannukah buzz.

nest.gif

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Dear Santa:

I would also like the join the ranks of Bill and Matt to the exclusion of Andre. Please leave a Drake's sweater in a size L (or maybe medium) under the Jewish Christmas tree for me. Kthx.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

--Andre

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Nice. Just curious, what would that have retailed for?
Thats one of those things that I probably should have priced between 850-900 but would have kept it under 800. It should have been available in Grey and Beige.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
I don't own it (don't even know where one can get it), but it generated some buzz in streetwear, from which I'll cross-post it (coventry, lead by a former designer for RLPL knitwear, iirc):

Enquired at my ballet outfitter, Pas de Deux, requesting five unique chickens' foots front closures and a couple of unique biddies' foots on the front edge of the collar - turn-up wind tabs. May change my mind and request beaks instead of biddies' foots. www.coventrystudio.com/retail.html Apparently semi-Oxford-bags are slated to replace looow-rise crotchchokers amongst the avant-garde in the ever evolving, exciting world of well-scrubbed boho fashionista obsolescence. Of course you know the varying knit stitches are symbolic of the knitter's culture? Ask Mr. Terry, he's probably a credentialed folknitwear ethnologist.

53pwqx.jpg

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
I.G., thanks for the link. Did you watch the show?

He was not a happy camper. Maybe the bird foot was digging into his chest.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
My wife just bought me one of these for Jewish Christmas.

It's great that your wife thinks so far ahead that she's already buying you clothes for when you end up in a retirement home. I bet this piece absorbs drool really well.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wanted to chime in and say that I have developed a distaste for, or at least a boredom with, cashmere over the years. Ten years ago all of my sweaters were cashmere, mainly Loro Piana, Cucinelli, Avon Celli etc, but now, a few pieces excepted, I don't find them worthwhile. Give me linen, cotton, shetland and lambswool over cashmere, thank you very much.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wanted to chime in and say that I have developed a distaste for, or at least a boredom with, cashmere over the years. Ten years ago all of my sweaters were cashmere, mainly Loro Piana, Cucinelli, Avon Celli etc, but now, a few pieces excepted, I don't find them worthwhile. Give me linen, cotton, shetland and lambswool over cashmere, thank you very much.

I'm liking beefy handknits in good, lanolin-rich wools.

Do you have any of the Louise Irvine stuff?

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm liking beefy handknits in good, lanolin-rich wools.

Do you have any of the Louise Irvine stuff?

- B

Not yet, though I am attracted to them. Do you? What do you think? I have a great Irish handknit cardigan with cables I picked up last year and love.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Cashmere is nice when mixed with another fabric (say cotton) to add some warmth but leave the end result lightweight and comfortable. I think I own like 2 items 100% cashmere and they're a scarf and overcoat (from Paul Stuart, yeah I know) that I enjoy wearing in winter. I'm not sure I'll ever get a sweater but I might, it's just that everytime I'm looking at stuff like Avon Celli, RLPL or whatever I end up purchasing something more interesting from designers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads