• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These guys' first album got me through driving to work during my intern year at 430AM every morning, and they haven't missed a step. They are amazing live, and this set highlights that.

Bromley

Reaction score
This song rules so hard. it makes me wanna pull a fast one on the sheriff and get into a country car chase.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoa, crazy. I saw Digital Underground at Townsend in 1990 or 91, I don't think I'd seen that particular video shot there.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's a smattering of what i've been listening to recently pt 1

CHAI - i'm really digging the singles released in the past year, the hooks are just so good

Low Cut Connie - philly band that evokes a very 1970s rock vibe, private lives is the latest release but dirty pictures pts 1 & 2 was also very good

The Black Keys - they're doing a covers album, if you liked rubber factory / thickfreakness / chulahoma this is for you

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smattering part 2

Giveon - dude has a voice like an anvil

Japanese Breakfast - i cannot wait for this album, how is it still so far out

ICEAGE - every album cycle these dudes level up, this feels like some rootsy rock and "shelter song" has a big Spiritualized vibe to it

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not too big on 100gecs, but Dylan Brady's Cake Pop is pretty fun and this song rips. reminds a bit of Sleigh Bells and definitely PC Music in the maximalist to the maxxx execution.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.