• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread ***

Dorje

Reaction score
bro, you have an account on styleforum and you're worried about putting product in your making you look try hard?

I think people that overdo it on product look really bad. If your hair looks wet all day and doesn't move at all because it is so stiff from using too much product then yes, I think it looks try-hard in a really bad way... it is not coming off as genuine and effortless. I should have clarified that just using product isn't bad... afterall I recommended something. It's overdoing it that I don't like.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread, like most, needs pics. Come on SW&Ders, show your coifs! I´m having a good hair day today, I think, maybe I´ll take a post a pic later on. I don´t use any hair product ATM. I was using something to straighten it a bit when I got my last haircut, but now I just let my curls do their iwn thing. Also, I know synth is gonna come with his cool DBZ do and put as all to shame
censored.gif

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're all Asian and most of us have Asian spiky hair.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
edit: nm thread is devolving into the young and the bald real quick ...

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 24 and my hair line has receded in the classic 'Widow's peak' style. Not sure if propecia could repair that anyway!

Some people naturally have a widow's peak. It does not necessarily mean your hair is receding :D

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if you think your hair is receding/thinning, and you're worried about it, take propecia. you'll thank me.

i don't use product because i'm lazy, and i don't like that sheeny producty look. i know people love the super-pomaded #menswear look right now, but i've never been a fan. for example, i personally don't love bows or aeglus's hair. too much.

hennree

Reaction score

Some people naturally have a widow's peak. It does not necessarily mean your hair is receding :D

I do sometimes think that. It certainly has receded in the last few years, but not much. My brother is four years older than myself and his hair is awful and has been since he was 19 or so. Maybe I've dodged the baldness gene?!

Either way, my hairline is annoying and styles are pretty limited because of it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I do sometimes think that. It certainly has receded in the last few years, but not much. My brother is four years older than myself and his hair is awful and has been since he was 19 or so. Maybe I've dodged the baldness gene?!

Either way, my hairline is annoying and styles are pretty limited because of it.

see a doctor if you're worried about it, they should be able to tell. or ask your barber/stylist if you've seen the same one for a few years. or don't worry about it.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW, James Dean had a widow's peak

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm still trying to figure out why anyone gives a **** about james dean with regards to fashion.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think people that overdo it on product look really bad. If your hair looks wet all day and doesn't move at all because it is so stiff from using too much product then yes, I think it looks try-hard in a really bad way... it is not coming off as genuine and effortless. I should have clarified that just using product isn't bad... afterall I recommended something. It's overdoing it that I don't like.

So people like bows and artishard (whose hair is clearly full of product) look tryhard and really bad?

I think it's pretty shaky ground you're standing on my dude

Last edited:

BillKillgore

Reaction score
There's a difference between having a widow's peak and a receding hairline, a lot of people don't seem to realize that.

Also, does anyone know any decent conditioner for average straight hair? All of the products I've tried end up making my hair relatively shiny but at the same time take away all the volume.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, does anyone know any decent conditioner for average straight hair? All of the products I've tried end up making my hair relatively shiny but at the same time take away all the volume.

Try the Khiel's stuff. Lots of options and they are solid bets.

I have a weak hairline and a bald spot now that I'm on 40. Sucks. Big sad face

I try to run a short look to keep it clean and it works in general. Not great pics but trying to help the thread (or something...) Note that this is NOT intended as a fit pic. Just hanging out during the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads