1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hipster, Mar 7, 2013.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I didn't really want to revive a dead thread but this was the most recent/appropriate one I could find.
    I need a new face moisturizer.
    I've been using Baxters facial moisturizer and am currently using some samples of Malin + Goetz grapefruit moisturizer, I would just order the Baxters again but I have some store credit/gift cards at a few places that don't really sell anything I give a shit about, but they do have Aesop. Can anybody comment on their Mandarin facial hydrating stuff? Worth it for $15?

2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Got a haircut like 2 weeks ago (also pictured, new glasses [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    Pretty happy with how it came out, but planning to buy a flat iron to get more control over how it falls behind the ears.
    (The back is fine but left side curves forward while right side curves in a spiral of sorts)

4 people like this.
  3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You appear older, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think you pull off the whole look quite well.

What a suitable haircut for an Asian dude? Please give me your suggestions, SW&D.

I am considering a buzz cut to simplify my life.

1 person likes this.
  4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Are you going for a Wes Anderson type look koy?

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

me too. somebody give me ideas for asian haircuts

6. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Noticed your hair in your instagram, koy. Works well. Especially with that hat you had. Reminds me of someone, but can't quite remember who.

Thinking about growing out my hair, as well. Or just buzzing it all. I don't know. It's like Sofie's choice. But not quite. I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE!

7. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've worn this style for almost 5 years. Pretty versatile ime. I leave the sideburn long and thick and just sweep them behind my ears. Back length is about jawline. Of course you can always sweep the bang backward for a more business-y look.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  8. kindofyoung

Yeah no that is definitely not a bad thing, turning 20 in a few months but without glasses I could still pass for way younger. Wish I could grow a beard too but don't have high hopes for that.

Eh not really, I got this haircut inspired by the Our Legacy guy and this model: https://instagram.com/alexeyglebko/ and I just needed new glasses and liked these

Yeah I like the hat too, got it quite a while ago but didn't work with old haircut/glasses so I'm pretty happy it works now. Have so far been told by friends I look like the main guy in Movits and an orthodox jew [​IMG]

Appreciate the comments (and thumb too)!

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I always end up with so-so haircuts =\

I think it's finally decided to go buzz or just grow out hair. None of this in-between nonsense.

:fu:

10. kindofyoung

I guess this thread unfortunately is about as dead as they get, but here's an x-post from the other hair-thread

Quote:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

@kindofyoung, not sure if you're looking for any input, but have you considered moving over to baking soda instead of shampoo? My hair has come alive since I made the move.