• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Super Bowl XLII thread

jessetk313

Reaction score
Giants winning this super bowl feels like it is for every fan out there other than a Pats fan. They obviously are cheaters. I feel great because I love nothing more then to see Belicheck act like a ***** and leave the field before the game was even over. Tom Brady showed no class but not shaking Eli's hand before the game. Pats were just not good enough. The Giants came in and their defensive front dominated all night. Congratulations Giants.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Bullshit on Eli as MVP. It should be someone from the defense given that they held them to 14.

I hope this is a joke. Eli had 152 yards passing and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. Led them to a game winning drive. Eli deserved it without doubt, don't question that. Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
That has got to be the lamest defense of a proven cheater that I've ever heard. Unfortunately, I've heard it from every Pats fan I know for the entire season. It hasn't convinced anyone since 2nd grade. It's not going to start working now.

This site is such a great professional resource.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the fellow Pats fans coworkers tommorrow, and is Tiki schedule to do a woman's underwear show tommorrow on the Today show??

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

???

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
This site is such a great professional resource.

laugh.gif

Wait.
plain.gif

How much do you charge your clients?

I think you owe me.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The only cheater worse than the Patriots was the guy who sold Doug Williams that suit. Arlen Specter should worry less about sideline videotapes and freeze-frame that suit jacket on Tivo.

And I want to smack the folks who keep telling these guys to button their bottom buttons. Joe Buck's suit wasn't all that terrible but the bottom button deserves to be picked on like a scab.

Lastly, don't get me started on the pre- and post-game crew and their brutally rote tie-to-pocket square matching.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
+1 on the tie and PS..... extremely boring folds. Jimmy's tie and PS at least weren't exact, and I liked Terry's tie/PS combo, but other than that, atrocious.

Then again, they don't get paid for how they dress.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford

I honestly didn't really care who won, but I am annoyed that we have to continue to put up with the '72 Dolphins now.

As someone else put it, the '72 fish are gonna die out sooner than the 2007-2008 Pats would. This is a blessing.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
I hope this is a joke. Eli had 152 yards passing and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. Led them to a game winning drive. Eli deserved it without doubt, don't question that. Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

Yeah until he made that play scrambling to miraculously get out of that sack and throw that pass that was miraculously recepted nobody really stood out as MVP...But in the end Eli won that game. It was a nail biter to the last second, all three of those bombs to Moss were almost caught...Crazyiest superbowl ever.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those who think Eli shouldn't have won MVP, the Brady won his first MVP with worse numbers by orchestrating the final 2-minute drill for a field goal. Eli was at least as important to the outcome of the game as that tonight.

Ironically, the Giants won in much the same fashion as the Pats did against the Rams that time, but shutting down a record-setting passing attack with the league MVP at QB.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads