The Super Bowl XLII thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by whacked, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Giants winning this super bowl feels like it is for every fan out there other than a Pats fan. They obviously are cheaters. I feel great because I love nothing more then to see Belicheck act like a pussy and leave the field before the game was even over. Tom Brady showed no class but not shaking Eli's hand before the game. Pats were just not good enough. The Giants came in and their defensive front dominated all night. Congratulations Giants.

2. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Bullshit on Eli as MVP. It should be someone from the defense given that they held them to 14.

I hope this is a joke. Eli had 152 yards passing and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. Led them to a game winning drive. Eli deserved it without doubt, don't question that. Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

That has got to be the lamest defense of a proven cheater that I've ever heard. Unfortunately, I've heard it from every Pats fan I know for the entire season. It hasn't convinced anyone since 2nd grade. It's not going to start working now.

This site is such a great professional resource.

4. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Can't wait to see the fellow Pats fans coworkers tommorrow, and is Tiki schedule to do a woman's underwear show tommorrow on the Today show??

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

???

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

This site is such a great professional resource.

[​IMG]

Wait. [​IMG]

How much do you charge your clients?

I think you owe me.

7. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

The only cheater worse than the Patriots was the guy who sold Doug Williams that suit. Arlen Specter should worry less about sideline videotapes and freeze-frame that suit jacket on Tivo.

And I want to smack the folks who keep telling these guys to button their bottom buttons. Joe Buck's suit wasn't all that terrible but the bottom button deserves to be picked on like a scab.

Lastly, don't get me started on the pre- and post-game crew and their brutally rote tie-to-pocket square matching.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

+1 on the tie and PS..... extremely boring folds. Jimmy's tie and PS at least weren't exact, and I liked Terry's tie/PS combo, but other than that, atrocious.

Then again, they don't get paid for how they dress.

9. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Hahaha DOuglas that is great.[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I honestly didn't really care who won, but I am annoyed that we have to continue to put up with the '72 Dolphins now.

As someone else put it, the '72 fish are gonna die out sooner than the 2007-2008 Pats would. This is a blessing.

11. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Greatest Game Ever

+ as high as I can count.

It's just too bad Montecristo isn't here to enjoy this with us!

13. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Senior member

14. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

I hope this is a joke. Eli had 152 yards passing and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter. Led them to a game winning drive. Eli deserved it without doubt, don't question that. Just remember that the d-line could have gotten it to but Eli is definitely worthy, if you don't believe that you are just silly and must not like the guy.

Yeah until he made that play scrambling to miraculously get out of that sack and throw that pass that was miraculously recepted nobody really stood out as MVP...But in the end Eli won that game. It was a nail biter to the last second, all three of those bombs to Moss were almost caught...Crazyiest superbowl ever.

15. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

To those who think Eli shouldn't have won MVP, the Brady won his first MVP with worse numbers by orchestrating the final 2-minute drill for a field goal. Eli was at least as important to the outcome of the game as that tonight.

Ironically, the Giants won in much the same fashion as the Pats did against the Rams that time, but shutting down a record-setting passing attack with the league MVP at QB.