• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'The' suit.

trajan

Reaction score
"When Roger Moore was James Bond he drove an Aston Martin, but when Roger Moore was James Bond he drove a Lotus Esprit, and that says it all" (Jeremy Clarkson)

--trajan

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
"When Roger Moore was James Bond he drove an Aston Martin, but when Roger Moore was James Bond he drove a Lotus Esprit, and that says it all" (Jeremy Clarkson)

What?

drake

Reaction score
I'd also highly recommend checking out Patrick McGoohan in Secret Agent AKA Danger Man. It's a precursor to The Prisoner and has much more clothing variety.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
I'd also highly recommend checking out Patrick McGoohan in Secret Agent AKA Danger Man. It's a precursor to The Prisoner and has much more clothing variety.
I'm busy coveting the complete DVD box set of Danger Man. Will have to order it from England though I think...

I've seen some stills of McGoohan in that series and his look is great there too; a little more conventional suit-and-tie but still very very stylish.

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sherwin
I too love 60s style. I am obsessed with the show Mad Men and I want to dress like they did (especially Don Draper, lead character). But the trim cuts and narrow lapels are hard to find these days (in my price range).
Im not a big fan of narrow lapels and narrow ties but Mad Men is a good show and I think they do a pretty good job on the costumes.
madmen5.jpg

drake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
I'm busy coveting the complete DVD box set of Danger Man. Will have to order it from England though I think...

I've seen some stills of McGoohan in that series and his look is great there too; a little more conventional suit-and-tie but still very very stylish.

$99 at Amazon. It has the entire half hour series and the entire hour long series.
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Agent-a...7594829&sr=8-1

Edit: Oh, didn't see you were in the Netherlands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads