• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The suggest a leather jacket for mainy thread

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've decided i want to buy a leather jacket to wear this fall / winter.

Problem: I'm pretty poor (why are college book so expensive?), so I want to keep it <$500 so I can still eat twice a day LOL.

Problem 2: I'm tiny, so I need something that's like 16" shoulders / 18-19" chest.

I've been looking at this RRL one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-195-00-NWT-RAL...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the front pockets though. Any other brilliant ideas?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
RO.

I cant imagine you could get RO, even used for sub 500. However its a good gold standard. i have a sort of RO-light washed lambskin jacket from Uniqlo I really like.

pyoon

Reaction score
Last month's issue of gq (with seth rogan on the cover) had an editorial on leather jackets. Under 500 jackets, or around that range - give or take 200 - were french connection, ksubi, emporio armani, diesel, marc new york, and gap.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pyoon
Last month's issue of gq (with seth rogan on the cover) had an editorial on leather jackets. Under 500 jackets, or around that range - give or take 200 - were french connection, ksubi, emporio armani, diesel, marc new york, and gap.

I'll check that out. Diesel might have something decent, assuming they make something that small

pyoon

Reaction score
What type of style are you looking for? Personally i like the bomber or motorcycle jackets. But for the colder/more windy climate the fatigue (lower than the waist) is probably most efficient.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Try Black Scissors on sufu. He does custom leather jackets for about $400-$500 I think. Here's the thread.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44183

He also has a couple on eBay, too, if you're interested.
http://clothing.search.ebay.com/_Men...MEFSRCHQ3aSRCH

I bought one. The material and construction are not much to write home about but for $200 it was adequate.

That's pretty slick, essentially knock off Dior stuff. I'd pay 200 for one of those, assuming they actually fit that slim. Do you have any pics of yours online? I'd be curious to see what they look like in the non "for sale" pics, if you know what I mean. Good link though, thanks

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
That's pretty slick, essentially knock off Dior stuff. I'd pay 200 for one of those, assuming they actually fit that slim. Do you have any pics of yours online? I'd be curious to see what they look like in the non "for sale" pics, if you know what I mean. Good link though, thanks
I don't have pics with me right now but I bought an XS Dior knockoff and it was pretty slim (except for the arms but I do have girly arms). I usually wear size 34 suits and the jacket fits me in the chest. However, the waist is too small that I can't zip it up. (My fault anyway as I didn't pay attention to the waist measurement). So I just wear it unzipped for now.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
I don't have pics with me right now but I bought an XS Dior knockoff and it was pretty slim (except for the arms but I do have girly arms). I usually wear size 34 suits and the jacket fits me in the chest. However, the waist is too small that I can't zip it up. (My fault anyway as I didn't pay attention to the waist measurement). So I just wear it unzipped for now.

Alright, so just check the measurements. just fired off an email about their brown rick owens wannabe, hopefully I can cop that in XS. pretty sick design, thanks for the link

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry, I just saw leather and my mind went into autopilot.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
sorry, I just saw leather and my mind went into autopilot.

Trust me, if I could afford RO I would buy one sooo fast. Technically I could afford it but I don't think I could sleep at night knowing my jacket cost as much as my car. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the copy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads