• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
Hesitating to pull the trigger on SF01 in Horween cordovan. Do you think V3 good enough for paying for premium leather?

When researching on Archibald, I saw RoseAnvil provided a discount code in the past. I guess with Naked, there is no more discount code.

ptfly

Reaction score
The shipment I ordered in October of the chocolate suede/gum sole arrived today (delayed from original late December).
I expected something like the website pic. I have several AL gum sole shoes but this is a red sole, not gum.
The suede is a medium olive/brown which clashes with the reddish sole.
The box says chocolate suede/sole ambrato.
What happened here? I have no use for this.

V3 chocGum.jpg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shipment I ordered in October of the chocolate suede/gum sole arrived today (delayed from original late December).
I expected something like the website pic. I have several AL gum sole shoes but this is a red sole, not gum.
The suede is a medium olive/brown which clashes with the reddish sole.
The box says chocolate suede/sole ambrato.
What happened here? I have no use for this.

View attachment 1887889
Hi there, im really sorry about this.
This one is totally on us, not the craftsmen or a mistake in production as we were attempting to phase out the light coloured gum sole (known as tennis) as people preferred the amber so this is a case of of website updates not occuring in sync

I have flagged customer support and they will be in touch. We will try and get an emergency pair done for you in a few days and sort the matter out asap, you have already waited far too long.

Again very sorry, we are going through a process of culling a lot of the options currently and moving many of these onto mto. Actually i think this batch (now extended) closing on Monday is the last time we are doing sf01 v3s in suede as a non-mto choice, choosing to prioritize the ultralights in suede over them in standard collection.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is totally on us, not the craftsmen or a mistake in production as we were attempting to phase out the light coloured gum sole (known as tennis) as people preferred the amber so this is a case of of website updates not occuring in sync

I have flagged customer support and they will be in touch. We will try and get an emergency pair done for you in a few days and sort the matter out asap, you have already waited far too long.

Again very sorry, we are going through a process of culling a lot of the options currently and moving many of these onto mto. Actually i think this batch (now extended) closing on Monday is the last time we are doing sf01 v3s in suede as a non-mto choice, choosing to prioritize the ultralights in suede over them in standard collection.
Is there a reason to phase out the light gum sole for this amber colour? I MUCH prefer the classic light gum versus whatever this is in the photo, it is much more classic and goes with much more

ptfly

Reaction score

I appreciated the quick response. I had sent an email about this. My selection was in MTO. I think the unlined will be too wide for me.
Will the chocolate suede be dark brown or the color I received?
The chocolate suede from an earlier batch that i saw @stephenaf2003 looked darker and less green than the one sent to me.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason to phase out the light gum sole for this amber colour? I MUCH prefer the classic light gum versus whatever this is in the photo, it is much more classic and goes with much more
Hi so we have taken this into account and will leave the tennis as a selection on the MTO

I think the issue was we had a bunch of customers preferred the Ambrato and also when Cappi did the v1 and a lot of the original images for the SF01 were shot, or created, he would do it randomly so sometimes he would deliver a shoe with an ambrato and and sometimes as a tennis with both technically being gum

So in order to rectify the matter we decided to choose a single gum sole (this also helps remove delays in deliveries as Margom tends to prioritize easy-to-deliver orders).

We need to get our act together with the pictures on a bunch of products, we have three sets of images done between the v1, v2 and v3 with many legacy ones still in use because it is pretty much correct and really need a fresh set of images for all current offerings.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciated the quick response. I had sent an email about this. My selection was in MTO. I think the unlined will be too wide for me.
Will the chocolate suede be dark brown or the color I received?
The chocolate suede from an earlier batch that i saw @stephenaf2003 looked darker and less green than the one sent to me.

The chocolate suede has never changed, its been from the same tannery.
Are you sure he did not have the chocolate suede Ultralights?
Ill have them post a picture of it here to see if your chocolate suede doesn't quite match.

Re the ultralight suedes being too wide, they are actually slightly more narrow than the v3s

ptfly

Reaction score
Ill have them post a picture of it here to see if your chocolate suede doesn't quite match.

Re the ultralight suedes being too wide, they are actually slightly more narrow than the v3s
I assumed the UL shoes were unlined therefore more inner volume.
The images of his shoes are back a bit. I wrote down the comment number at work but I am not there yet.
Here is another photo of the shoes I rcvd showing the medium olive/brown suede and red sole.
Do I need to do something or wait for an email?

Attachments

• choc v3 suede.JPG
    choc v3 suede.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 1,101

ptfly

Reaction score

Here is a pic from the gallery. This is what I anticipated.

Attachments

• DD02EC59-D86C-424D-A8C2-A1E283646AAA.jpeg
    DD02EC59-D86C-424D-A8C2-A1E283646AAA.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 1,090

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Cappi (sf01, v2) and the new artisans (v3) might have picked a different Chocolate from the tannery, we will double check the codes used and see if there was a difference. The guys are sorting it but they also saw this might be the first chocolate suede ordered in a sf01 for some time.

We will make it right. Sorry about this.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we have done a big cut on the collection and will be listing all pairs that will no longer be part of the main line for sale on this thread. These include leather/colour options for the Arienzo loafers, V3, V2, driving shoes and a bunch of old Ghirlandina High Tops.

All pairs are in new and perfect condition and will be double checked prior to dispatch.

V3s, Arienzos etc will all have proper packaging.

Driving Shoes have the old packaging

The Ghirlandina are packed in an unbranded shoe box and labeled by hand as they were intended to be warehoused.

These pairs will be listed at below Naked price and all you need to do is reserve them with your handle and we can follow up with the link.

It will be posted as a Google sheet which will track changes so please do not change or move around anyone's name if you missed a pair.

Stay tuned.

dglatt

Reaction score
Hi all, we have done a big cut on the collection and will be listing all pairs that will no longer be part of the main line for sale on this thread. These include leather/colour options for the Arienzo loafers, V3, V2, driving shoes and a bunch of old Ghirlandina High Tops.

All pairs are in new and perfect condition and will be double checked prior to dispatch.

V3s, Arienzos etc will all have proper packaging.

Driving Shoes have the old packaging

The Ghirlandina are packed in an unbranded shoe box and labeled by hand as they were intended to be warehoused.

These pairs will be listed at below Naked price and all you need to do is reserve them with your handle and we can follow up with the link.

It will be posted as a Google sheet which will track changes so please do not change or move around anyone's name if you missed a pair.

Stay tuned.
Is this list still happening?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads