• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

CWV

Reaction score
Very real point and important too.

We have thus far in total received 7 messages regarding heel slippage on the v2 and a couple more on the v1s (i think we logged 16 in total across all delivery thus far). Ultimately it does come down to foot type in terms of who experiences it and who doesn't.

With the new maker, however, one of the reasons the soon to be delivered (v2.5/ v3) took a little longer to start it's production is that we made some further changes to the shoe including a lowered footboard (full grain leather) and a slightly increased back for better grip page. These in tandem should address the issue for the few people that experienced it and provide a better wearing experience for those that didn't. The shoe also features some adjustments on the ball area, a higher grade lining leather so there is less chance of rub off on the socks etc. Finally some improvements on anticato-ing for those pairs where this is relevant.

Unfortunately it has been another production via zoom, whatsapp and regular phone calls and we have been unable to follow on the ground due to restrictive travel and a few facility lockdowns but fingers crossed all goes well and we look forward to hearing feedback. Only a few days to go now.

There is also a different version of the SF-01 we are calling the SF-01 Retro which @stephenaf2003 tested out and I believe @Staxxx1 might also have a pair. This is a more snug fit higher up the ankles with a more classic vamp as well and an almond toe upfront. Less slick/minimalist but more classic and we are debating if we should release them in a few options (deerskin, cxl, veg tan).
Great to know the issue is been addressed. I feel uneasy buying if the fit would be the same.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Yes, the heel slippage in my case is more to do with the difference in the size of my right foot from my left foot. In the retro sneakers I wear a little thicker socks and it is not there at all.
BTW any recommendation on whether I should change the colour of the laces?

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_094040.jpg
    IMG_20210720_094040.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 147

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way do people here use shoe trees with their leather sneakers?

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Hey, add me here as well. Of course I use shoe trees with my leather sneakers ;)

Rewiag

Reaction score
Only with the nicer ones. If you have a beater pair like a stan smith or something don't really need shoe trees.

those are not leather. they are usually canvas with a leather coat...
anyway, you are right, trees are only needed for full leather shoes.

Staxxx1

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads