• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0FCF4906-2FF7-4129-838D-62716A30773E.jpeg

v3? Kanga’s

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did anyone else get delivery of their sneakers from the V1 lot in the Google sheets please?
Yes, got the tan ones, someone snagged the blue ones I’d signed for though.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Yes, got the tan ones, someone snagged the blue ones I’d signed for though.
Thanks for letting me know. Getting a little disappointed that summer is nearly over here and I still do not have a pair of white upper/white sole sneakers. The anticipation is driving me crazy ! LOL.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Waiting for CS to get back to me finally on two pairs.... so excited to try.

randomthing234

Reaction score
Got my kangaroo pair all the way from England to NY in a few days. Its a lot more wrinkled/creased than I thought but still pretty nice. Not sure why the 2nd pair which is supposed to come from their "NY distribution center" hasn't arrived.

CWV

Reaction score
Burgundy V1 out in the city

91A30FEE-8BEE-4F2D-899C-955D2C7C756D.jpeg

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy V1 out in the city

View attachment 1625584
After all that has happened in a short space of time since we first embarked on the project... doesn't it seem like the v1s were done years ago?

First the delays in processing data, then getting the shoes up for sale in the first place, the dawn of Covid, lockdowns after lockdowns, uncertainty, no presence or oversight during production, delivery, tongue-gate, Rose Anvil's first video, v2 announcement, pre-order, sampling testing, delays with finding that full veg tan white, testing all of them against each other, picking it, production, second lockdowns, difficulty organizing logistics, first driver not having a Covid test, UK national lockdowns, France shutting its borders and turning back second driver, Brexit, freight companies fully booked, finally getting on a haulage, shoes arriving, delivery, success and outstanding feedback, starting production on pending orders, handwelted gate, stopping all production with Cappi, investigation, trolls, trolls, lawyers, attempts to settle, refunds and individual agreeements with customers, shifting to the GAT maker, prototypes, Rose Anvil second video, discovering the split leather floor board and upgrading to full grain leather, few more tweaks and improvements including to the shape for comfort, testing samples, apologising for delays waiting for v2.5/3 productions...

Last edited:

Staxxx1

Reaction score
After all that has happened in a short space of time since we first embarked on the project... doesn't it seem like the v1s were done years ago?

First the delays in processing data, then getting the shoes up for sale in the first place, the dawn of Covid, lockdowns after lockdowns, uncertainty, no presence or oversight during production, delivery, tongue-gate, Rose Anvil's first video, v2 announcement, pre-order, sampling testing, delays with finding that full veg tan white, testing all of them against each other, picking it, production, second lockdowns, difficulty organizing logistics, first driver not having a Covid test, UK national lockdowns, France shutting its borders and turning back second driver, Brexit, freight companies fully booked, finally getting on a haulage, shoes arriving, delivery, success and outstanding feedback, starting production on pending orders, handwelted gate, stopping all production with Cappi, investigation, trolls, trolls, lawyers, attempts to settle, refunds and individual agreeements with customers, shifting to the GAT maker, prototypes, Rose Anvil second video, discovering the split leather floor board and upgrading to full grain leather, few more tweaks and improvements including to the shape for comfort, waiting for v2.5.
Haha.... take a deep breath! You will come out of it stronger and tougher - and you still have a great product.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha.... take a deep breath! You will come out of it stronger and tougher - and you still have a great product.
all steps towards a better day and moment! People have had it far worse and very thankful we have this opportunity to do it all.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all steps towards a better day and moment! People have had it far worse and very thankful we have this opportunity to do it all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this…

with that attitude you might just succeed in life :)

Enjoying the heck out of my sneakers, they are the perfect prescription for this Covid lockdown lifestyle!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just off the phone with Italy, we are back on track with things and rolling so will begin shipping v2.5/3s in just under 2 weeks or so...

We have also managed to lower the lead time for future productions and will be taking stock of the harder-to-obtain leathers such as the Horween CXL.

forward!

Thank you to everyone for all your patience. We have been very quiet as there is a lot of foundation work going on in the background so we can get back on track in a more robust manner.

Rewiag

Reaction score
Just off the phone with Italy, we are back on track with things and rolling so will begin shipping v2.5/3s in just under 2 weeks or so...

Is this from the GAT and UL maker? If yes, I'm still expecting a UL from this batch and wondering if they have shorter laces for the GAT i got in May (they are about 10-15cm too long)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics