• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I agree with CWV...I don't think a full grain footbed is needed. Maybe you can explore cork in the HSC version though.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with CWV...I don't think a full grain footbed is needed. Maybe you can explore cork in the HSC version though.
Yes, i wanted to mention that the cork in the HSC version will most likely show in the June delivery. I had a call about that last week with the makers after seeing what Crown NH did and it shouldnt be a problem. So a nice little addition.

Rewiag

Reaction score
Yes, i wanted to mention that the cork in the HSC version will most likely show in the June delivery. I had a call about that last week with the makers after seeing what Crown NH did and it shouldnt be a problem. So a nice little addition.
Cork? Me approve :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d say if you add the cork, it would make sense to also add the full grain footbed. But yeah as mentioned, as more starts getting added weight is going to also go up.

Last edited:

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're making sneakers to last, you could put real leather on the back of the heel as that part starts peeling off after a few years.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they were already a step ahead...

Promising.

IMG_20210416_154305.jpg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d say if you add the cork, it would make sense to also add the full grain footbed. But yeah as mentioned, as more starts getting added weight is going to also going up.
So the cork addition would be in the HSC sneaker only if we pull it off, i dont think its necessary in the standard SF-01 unless we do like CNH did and do a special MTO handstitched line? They looked really cool.

Personally for the core offering, I think there is an optimum point, beyond which its not worth progressing as there are always ways of making it more expensive but it might start losing that fun factor that one associates with a sneaker?

But do let me know if you disagree and would like to build this out differently.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No talk of the cordovans?

I saw the new Rose Anvil video and he barely gets into the cordovan pair. I’m guessing he doesn’t want to destroy the pair he’s wearing but the video definitely left me wanting more.

vcarter

Reaction score
No talk of the cordovans?

I saw the new Rose Anvil video and he barely gets into the cordovan pair. I’m guessing he doesn’t want to destroy the pair he’s wearing but the video definitely left me wanting more.
I was also hoping for a comparison with the Crown Northampton.

As for new ideas, it'd be interesting to see more leather options, eg. utah or kudu.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, Kudu sneakers would be so cool ?
So funny you should say this, there was a pair developed by the makers in corridonia last year that was in fact made of Kudu... Will share a picture soon.

cavdb

Reaction score
ugh after all these cordovan sneaker photos, I now don't know which colour to get.lol
I already own the Sf01 v1 in anticato bordeaux and white kangaroo.
The #8 cordovan sneaker colour has so much depth to it but I fear it's too close to the anticato bordeaux.

What do you guys think?
The #8 or bourbon?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh after all these cordovan sneaker photos, I now don't know which colour to get.lol
I already own the Sf01 v1 in anticato bordeaux and white kangaroo.
The #8 cordovan sneaker colour has so much depth to it but I fear it's too close to the anticato bordeaux.

What do you guys think?
The #8 or bourbon?
I felt the same way, for me it’s even worse, I had already ordered the anticato bordeaux then they released the #8 CXL. I couldn’t resist a #8 CXL, so now I have both a bordeaux and #8 CXL.

For the shell, I couldn’t also get a #8 shell, so I got the bourbon. Also, who can resist. green shell sneakers? Not me. :)

cavdb

Reaction score
I felt the same way, for me it’s even worse, I had already ordered the anticato bordeaux then they released the #8 CXL. I couldn’t resist a #8 CXL, so now I have both a bordeaux and #8 CXL.

For the shell, I couldn’t also get a #8 shell, so I got the bourbon. Also, who can resist. green shell sneakers? Not me. :)

Just when I thought I was in a pickle.lol :eek:
Thing is with the lighter shades of cord, they can really vary sometimes.(just the nature of cordovan)
I held off so long getting CJ whiskey cord loafers because the colour just wasnt right.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought I was in a pickle.lol :eek:
Thing is with the lighter shades of cord, they can really vary sometimes.(just the nature of cordovan)
I held off so long getting CJ whiskey cord loafers because the colour just wasnt right.
Lol. I am in the unlucky position of having an unhealthy penchant for all things shell when it comes to shoes. When it comes to the leather, there aren’t many colors I don’t like. :bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads