• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Staxxx1

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is one of my favourite combinations. Getting anxious for something to wear as our summer is on us here in full spate!
I feel you, I have the same anxiety about the shell that’s coming in June. Every time I hear about Covid problems in Italy, I get more anxious that they will be delayed.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring time and blue suede w/gum sole SF01-V2
40205297-19A9-4E59-A423-BBBDF8E4B795.jpeg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel you, I have the same anxiety about the shell that’s coming in June. Every time I hear about Covid problems in Italy, I get more anxious that they will be delayed.
My batch management system unfortunately is not ready yet but the day the orders close I will set up three mailing lists and we can do a series of updates for each of the different shoes. So regular updates should theoretically help ease the waiting process.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My batch management system unfortunately is not ready yet but the day the orders close I will set up three mailing lists and we can do a series of updates for each of the different shoes. So regular updates should theoretically help ease the waiting process.
If they are delayed it’s not a big deal, I’m just being impatient.

Rewiag

Reaction score
what was the conclusion regarding the sizing of the ultralights? I plan to order one with the Lactae Hevea sole.
I'm wearing size 40 of the SF-01 v2.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
what was the conclusion regarding the sizing of the ultralights? I plan to order one with the Lactae Hevea sole.

I wear a size 41 in the v1 and v2, and have the UltraLights in 41 as well. I find the UltraLights to be slightly longer with a more roomier feeling in the toe accentuated by the unstructured upper. I think a size lower would fit - whether it fits better would be preference.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any of the production run ultralights, I purchased the test pair. Mine are the same size, 42, across all versions. I suspect NC21’s suggestion is correct, though I must say the length on the ultras don’t look longer, I continue to order the same size 42 as that is my fit preference, YMMV.

Last edited:

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Let me add - I think a size lower (40) would have fit me perfectly, but I'm not sure. Going with my v2 size (41) fits comfortably nevertheless and I suppose is the safer bet. It would have been ideal to try on both to compare but maybe just ask the AoL guys and they can provide you with more specifics.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inner lining was something I wanted to improve for a while and we have done that for the v2.1 to be done for June.

I wasn't aware the leather footboard was a not full grain leather, what do we think of this? Intuitively it makes sense but only after he explained it and I am uncertain how to play it in terms of future versions.

The first samples from Corridonia arrive on Monday to be sent out to a member on the forum for immediate wear test and these have the newer inner lining and also will allow us to ensure the new maker can keep same or elevate the end product, not decrease.

At this point, as the June window closes, it would be great for us to decide what we want to do with these as a project after Monday. The project was for the ultimate sneaker, and i wonder if we were to make final tweaks and get to another version (full grain leather floorboard (should we), a layer of cork maybe below the floor bed(saw the Crown Northhamptons) etc...

What do you all think? Price was never to be a restriction on these but what makes the most sense is ultimately what is most important.

So lining aside, what would you like to see on these?

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
Mmm idt you need a full grain footbed. This one provides the moldability and resistance you need.
About the cork. I think that could be an improvement. Beware of weight and feel thou. This is an sneaker not a shoe. Felt maybe? Idk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads