• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

NonChalant321

Reaction score
This came in today. Was hesitant on pulling the trigger on these as I was interested in bright white, and the ultralights. Went back and forth with Rohan a few times (thanks for your patience), but decided white veg tan leather sneaker just sounds too damn interesting and luxe to pass up. Have to make this relatively short for now but I am impressed with the construction, the leather, the stitching, and the sole. The tonguegate is not just gone, its perfectly done now. Last pic is next to my wife's white V1s. The V2 is unmistakably off-white. I initially wondered if its close enough to be a interchangeable with bright white...and its not. The V2 veg white feels like its own animal almost like a special edition or something. 1st pic is with the white laces that the shoes came laced with. The rest are with the undyed laces the Archibald guys were awesome enough to source and include.

Attachments

• 20210219_174436.jpg
    20210219_174436.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210219_180113.jpg
    20210219_180113.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210219_180129.jpg
    20210219_180129.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 20210219_180436.jpg
    20210219_180436.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Hoppin' D

Reaction score
This came in today. Was hesitant on pulling the trigger on these as I was interested in bright white, and the ultralights. Went back and forth with Rohan a few times (thanks for your patience), but decided white veg tan leather sneaker just sounds too damn interesting and luxe to pass up. Have to make this relatively short for now but I am impressed with the construction, the leather, the stitching, and the sole. The tonguegate is not just gone, its perfectly done now. Last pic is next to my wife's white V1s. The V2 is unmistakably off-white. I initially wondered if its close enough to be a interchangeable with bright white...and its not. The V2 veg white feels like its own animal almost like a special edition or something. 1st pic is with the white laces that the shoes came laced with. The rest are with the undyed laces the Archibald guys were awesome enough to source and include.
Thanks for the pics. I am waiting for mine, my first Archibald order, hoping the sizing will be right. What size are you in these and Nike for comparison? I think we have to accept these are not white and treat them as their own thing.
Is there a pure white (chrome tan) version of the SF01-V2?

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I am waiting for mine, my first Archibald order, hoping the sizing will be right. What size are you in these and Nike for comparison? I think we have to accept these are not white and treat them as their own thing.
Is there a pure white (chrome tan) version of the SF01-V2?

They're size 41. Nikes are usually too narrow in the toe box for me so the only ones I wear are Air Trainer SC Bo Jacksons in size 10, and occasionally Jordan Vs in size 9.5 - US sizes.

I dont believe there is a chrome tan bright white V2. I do think there will always be a demand for them if the Archibald guys are considering adding them again.

The off white has its own character. If the bright white color has a crisp, pure, fresh and cool feel...the off white has the feel of luxury and warmth that exudes from the natural character of the leather. My initial hesitancy to pick these was because my overall style leans toward cool tones and shuns from warm tones.

One disclaimer - I fully knew what these were going to look like, color wise. I asked if there was a spare white 41, and was told there was and the off white color was shown to me. One thing I'm curious about is how this would look like with off white soles instead of white soles. On one hand, i like the subtle contrast...on the other hand, I think having a seamless transition from upper to sole would suit the concept of the veg tan minimalist sneaker. Photoshop, perhaps?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I patiently wait for that Google Doc on SF-01's, I am extremely tempted to order a CXL Sneaker with the photos. I just wish the Euro to Canadian Dollar wasn't so much, 250 Euro is incredible, wish I had gotten in when that SF-01 V1 discount was sent. Patiently saving for now

Potatoe

Reaction score
I just want to clarify something.

I am 9US in Nike, and was told to order 41 in AOL sneakers. Are 40 in AOL sneaker 8.5US or are they 8US ?

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I would use the sizing guide and shoot the AoL guys an email to nail down the right size. I find that Nike sizes are a bit more inconsistent across models. I'm a US 9.5 in some, 10 in a few. Also, I hover between a US 9 and 9.5 for most sneakers and shoes, EU 42 for most, 41 for some. For Converse I think I'm a US 8.5. SF-01 in 41 fits me perfectly. I originally selected 42 but emailed the guys to confirm and they patiently guided me through a few steps to really find the best fit.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 8.5 in Nike and 40 fits well without any socks.

That sounds about right to me. I’m usually 8.5 Nike, ordered size 40 based on the sizing chart but they just felt a little cramped in the toe box (wearing socks).
Exchanged for 41.

Hoppin' D

Reaction score
They're size 41. Nikes are usually too narrow in the toe box for me so the only ones I wear are Air Trainer SC Bo Jacksons in size 10, and occasionally Jordan Vs in size 9.5 - US sizes.

Okay. I'm US10.5 in Nike (which I do find consistent across models) and ordered 43. Hope that's not too big.

I dont believe there is a chrome tan bright white V2. I do think there will always be a demand for them if the Archibald guys are considering adding them again.

I agree. I think there will be a demand for pure white V2s even if they are chrome tan. It would be good to have the choice, especially since they are made to order.

The off white has its own character. If the bright white color has a crisp, pure, fresh and cool feel...the off white has the feel of luxury and warmth that exudes from the natural character of the leather. My initial hesitancy to pick these was because my overall style leans toward cool tones and shuns from warm tones.

Thanks for this. I can see that. I feel the same, I tend towards a pure white look, but on this occasion opted for the off-white veg tan simply because I was curious about the quality.

One disclaimer - I fully knew what these were going to look like, color wise. I asked if there was a spare white 41, and was told there was and the off white color was shown to me. One thing I'm curious about is how this would look like with off white soles instead of white soles. On one hand, i like the subtle contrast...on the other hand, I think having a seamless transition from upper to sole would suit the concept of the veg tan minimalist sneaker. Photoshop, perhaps?

I too am aware that these are not pure white. For this reason I do think they should be referred to on the website as off-white or cream. It is better to be up-front about this subtle difference since there are people who just wouldn't want anything but pure white.

Rewiag

Reaction score
anyone who had a V1 and now got a V2 as well? I got a 41 in V1 but was too big, now waiting for size 40 in V2. Do V2s fit a bit more snug than V1s in same size?

NonChalant321

Reaction score
anyone who had a V1 and now got a V2 as well? I got a 41 in V1 but was too big, now waiting for size 40 in V2. Do V2s fit a bit more snug than V1s in same size?

I have both in 41 and don't notice much of a difference...the V2 might feel ever so slightly more snug in the toebox but could be due to leather stiffness and the fact that I haven't had the chance to break in the V2.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My V2’s seem to mirror NC321’s experience, they appear to be just a smidge more snug than the V1’s straight out the box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads