• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still a bit confused, is it an internal welt? But the sole is still glued on the outside, and the welt is there so the shoe keeps the shape? Thanks!
I am still confused. Is the sole just glued on instead of the sole being stitched to the welt? Would this risk the cordovan getting damaged over re sole?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still confused. Is the sole just glued on instead of the sole being stitched to the welt? Would this risk the cordovan getting damaged over re sole?

So as i understand it the sole is stitched to the welt preciesly to ensure the upper is protected and that is why it is re-soleable as opposed to the normal construction sneakers get.
We are trying to get the craftsmen themselves to explain it is clear in both description and content as it is not a construction used by too many others.

To answer @EgoCamisas - the SF-01 will remain at V2 if the pair is successful and addresses all flaws. This will be reserved only for special limited editions with unique uppers (even though the SF-01 has great uppers)!

boot_owl

Reaction score
This type of construction is similar to the ‘advanced goodyear’ construction used by meccariello (argentum welt), Gordon jimjun, and Bridlen. However, I am interested in seeing how the sole ends up being attached.
this reminds me of some of the work by Lapel bootmaker who does it for high end cemented construction

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope you are well.

I just wanted to inform you of the latest update we received from Italy regarding the SF01. Adriano and the team have had more struggles with the logistics halt and flooding in the region and therefore has informed us he needs another week with the SF-01.

We have already arranged direct logistics so the shoes arrive within a day of leaving his facility (a direct drive from Modena to us) so we are taking every precaution we can to get these through so they arrive before the holidays.

We can't apologise enough and hope the arrival of the sneaker will make the wait worth it.

Best,

Rohan

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope you are well.

I just wanted to inform you of the latest update we received from Italy regarding the SF01. Adriano and the team have had more struggles with the logistics halt and flooding in the region and therefore has informed us he needs another week with the SF-01.

We have already arranged direct logistics so the shoes arrive within a day of leaving his facility (a direct drive from Modena to us) so we are taking every precaution we can to get these through so they arrive before the holidays.

We can't apologise enough and hope the arrival of the sneaker will make the wait worth it.

Best,

Rohan
I have seen it's been raining in Italy like crazy...

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London goes into tier 3 lockdown on Wednesday.

The shoes will be driven from Italy to arrive here on Thursday morning.

Fortunately it is to my living room so ill be doing re-dispatch starting Thursday.

?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London goes into tier 3 lockdown on Wednesday.

The shoes will be driven from Italy to arrive here on Thursday morning.

Fortunately it is to my living room so ill be doing re-dispatch starting Thursday.

?
Glad to hear they are on the move, and making their way to us. Well, at least your EU folks will get them by XMas. With the jam ups and COVID shortages in manpower at shipping companies
here, I won’t get my hopes up to seeing them before next year.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they are on the move, and making their way to us. Well, at least your EU folks will get them by XMas. With the jam ups and COVID shortages in manpower at shipping companies
here, I won’t get my hopes up to seeing them before next year.
Im not sure id stay positive, we have a good servicevwith DHL re these.
Determined to get these to you all pre-holidays!

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not sure id stay positive, we have a good servicevwith DHL re these.
Determined to get these to you all pre-holidays!
...oh dear, that’s going to create a problem for me with all those shoe boxes under the tree. Gonnna have to step up the purchases for the wifee to offset that....lol.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll be impressed if I get mine before Xmas here in Canada.
Yea, usually DHL is about 2 weeks or so in Canada if not mistaken. Where I live it also gets transferred over to Canada Post usually, and they are backed up by weeks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads