• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocking my Roo’s
050DDA83-8DF5-4D7C-ABDC-0D41217B6C4C.jpeg

@ArchibaldRoh @OrlandoMo I’m guessing those September deliverables aren’t happening eh?

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put some serious wear on their SF01s?

CWV

Reaction score
After preordering the aSf01 in the first batch last year, finally today they were delivered! I’m quite sure I’m the last one to receive them. They look fine and -thank god- they seem to fit fine Iill comment on my fit after some use!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the crap out of my two pair, which is why I’m really ready to receive the others, hint, hint... @OrlandoMo
28FE26B5-07D1-43E2-B33B-3BAE895A9B46.jpeg

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
Renovateur was already tried on the anticato with good results, hasn’t it?

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I'm totally looking forward to mine. Always wish I had gone for one more.....

CWV

Reaction score
After preordering the aSf01 in the first batch last year, finally today they were delivered! I’m quite sure I’m the last one to receive them. They look fine and -thank god- they seem to fit fine Iill comment on my fit after some use!
About the fit.
my pair seems fine ligth and width wise, but I seem to have quite A Bit of free volume. I don’t know if is related to that but I also have considerable heel slippage, the sneaker doesn’t feel very firmly in place, I could even take them off without undoing the knit.
im using the sawtooth lacing that someone mentioned above. Any xo,met?

my GFs pair fit her well though the sneaker is longer than her usual sneakers, but she report it being comftable.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the fit.
my pair seems fine ligth and width wise, but I seem to have quite A Bit of free volume. I don’t know if is related to that but I also have considerable heel slippage, the sneaker doesn’t feel very firmly in place, I could even take them off without undoing the knit.
im using the sawtooth lacing that someone mentioned above. Any xo,met?

my GFs pair fit her well though the sneaker is longer than her usual sneakers, but she report it being comftable.
I do have a tiny bit of heel slippage in my right foot, but I suspect it will go away with wear. I also can remove my shoes without undoing my laces, but this is common for me with sneakers. Just use a shoe horn to put the sneakers on when you want to wear them rather than have to undo and re-tie the laces every time lol

CWV

Reaction score
I do have a tiny bit of heel slippage in my right foot, but I suspect it will go away with wear. I also can remove my shoes without undoing my laces, but this is common for me with sneakers. Just use a shoe horn to put the sneakers on when you want to wear them rather than have to undo and re-tie the laces every time lol
I seem to recall some mention of a relation between the lacing and the slippage. Did the sawtooth make it worst or better? I can’t remember that.
I also recall people saying that the slippage desairares with use, so there’s that.

Do you also find a lot of free volume in the toes and pre ties section?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall some mention of a relation between the lacing and the slippage. Did the sawtooth make it worst or better? I can’t remember that.
I also recall people saying that the slippage desairares with use, so there’s that.

Do you also find a lot of free volume in the toes and pre ties section?
I don't find a lot of room no, and I switched to the usual cross lace pattern and it made it lock my foot in better. Although, like I said, I just keep em tied and use a shoe horn

Reactions: CWV

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I found the cross-lace better. Having tried both the Ghirlandina and the SF-01, my own observation is that the heel slippage comes with the depth of the heel cup. I find the Ghirlandina deeper so when laced up, it holds my ankle better. So perhaps the SF-01 fit will get better with some wear of the insole.

CWV

Reaction score
I found the cross-lace better. Having tried both the Ghirlandina and the SF-01, my own observation is that the heel slippage comes with the depth of the heel cup. I find the Ghirlandina deeper so when laced up, it holds my ankle better. So perhaps the SF-01 fit will get better with some wear of the insole.
I thought the same think. I noticed that it has a significant drop from heel to toe (internally) , so when it compresses a bit it could get better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics