• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My extensive research (frustration) on this topic has raised the theory that shoes with less flexible mid/outsoles - think Margom vs Zoom React - pull the sock off more. Other non sock quality factors are: the looseness of the heel and whether you happen to be doing stuff like burpees and mountain climbers.

But heck..they all suck. I’m trying the Darn Tough brand now so let’s see how they do. I’m starting to believe too that wearing no-show socks are like climbing Mount Everest - it ends in tragedy so frequently because humans aren’t made to go there
Darn Tough are incredible socks.
I use ankle length exclusively for boot wear.
I have a pair of no-show from them that never slip. They were really tight though, I put a slight scissor snip down the top middle, and it solved that.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine are comfortable, but I have narrow feet and skinny ankles. Maybe it’s not made for everyone? But so far so good - they haven’t slipped on walks, runs and trail runs

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only wear darn tough for casual ankle socks for sneakers. Worn with the Archibalds and CPs and other running/sneakers with no slippage issues.

Butterfeet

Reaction score
I've only ever had Uniqlo no show socks. The ones from a few years ago do tend to slip, but they seemed to have improved the grip of the rubbery patches in the latest batches from 1-2 years ago, and I almost never have sock slip anymore even in the SF-01 v1s.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My extensive research (frustration) on this topic has raised the theory that shoes with less flexible mid/outsoles - think Margom vs Zoom React - pull the sock off more. Other non sock quality factors are: the looseness of the heel and whether you happen to be doing stuff like burpees and mountain climbers.

But heck..they all suck. I’m trying the Darn Tough brand now so let’s see how they do. I’m starting to believe too that wearing no-show socks are like climbing Mount Everest - it ends in tragedy so frequently because humans aren’t made to go there
If you are looking for a true no show sock, Smart Wool is probably the best option. Darn Tough's come up too far for shoes like boat shoes. I have personally tried the SHEEC Secret 2.0 socks and found them to be good and no slippage, and have heard Falke are good socks too

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
If you are looking for a true no show sock, Smart Wool is probably the best option. Darn Tough's come up too far for shoes like boat shoes. I have personally tried the SHEEC Secret 2.0 socks and found them to be good and no slippage, and have heard Falke are good socks too
I have never understood the 'no show' sock look. Maybe because I live in the North of England, which is invariably either cold or wet. I just think it lacks elegance.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never understood the 'no show' sock look. Maybe because I live in the North of England, which is invariably either cold or wet. I just think it lacks elegance.
Because when you live next to an ocean and it is humid as hell out in the summer and want to wear shorts, I'm not going to go barefoot and not going to wear Darn Tough crew socks. Barefoot just isn't appealable or sanitary for most shoes besides maybe loafers or boat shoes, hence no show socks.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Because when you live next to an ocean and it is humid as hell out in the summer and want to wear shorts, I'm not going to go barefoot and not going to wear Darn Tough crew socks. Barefoot just isn't appealable or sanitary for most shoes besides maybe loafers or boat shoes, hence no show socks.
What about huaraches; they look pretty cool.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only ever had Uniqlo no show socks. The ones from a few years ago do tend to slip, but they seemed to have improved the grip of the rubbery patches in the latest batches from 1-2 years ago, and I almost never have sock slip anymore even in the SF-01 v1s.
Man, I was so disappointed in Uniqlo’s no shows. I thought for sure they would work, but for me they were the worst. I really like Kane11 because they aren’t too tight, and they are really low, so I can wear them with my loafers. I refuse to wear shoes without socks. Thanks

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

... not even with cocoa butter?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giving the Sienna’s a walk about in the rain
52ECA0AF-0998-47E4-B04E-0267C08DC473.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Thursday Boots launched their own sneakers...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads