• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Got my coupon, gotta say I’m very disappointed there weren’t any new color options added for Kangaroo. But, here’s my v2 lineup with expected arrival late November according to the website, hopefully @ArchibaldRoh will have the box situation straightened out by then. As you all can see, I really like my sneakers with gum soles. Also @OrlandoMo , please post about it in this thread, if you guys decide to add different colored strings to your product lineup.
View attachment 1437797
View attachment 1437798
View attachment 1437799
View attachment 1437800
View attachment 1437801
View attachment 1437802
Haha! And I thought I was crazy about suede!! ?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my coupon, gotta say I’m very disappointed there weren’t any new color options added for Kangaroo. But, here’s my v2 lineup with expected arrival late November according to the website, hopefully @ArchibaldRoh will have the box situation straightened out by then. As you all can see, I really like my sneakers with gum soles. Also @OrlandoMo , please post about it in this thread, if you guys decide to add different colored strings to your product lineup.
View attachment 1437797
View attachment 1437798
View attachment 1437799
View attachment 1437800
View attachment 1437801
View attachment 1437802
What would you like to see in kangaroo? Will sort it out for you at a naked dont worry.

ThePetros

Reaction score
Still waiting that chromexcel
A645577A-95C2-485A-8236-2D3E0FE62E96.jpeg

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
View attachment 1437797
View attachment 1437798
View attachment 1437799
View attachment 1437800
View attachment 1437801
View attachment 1437802

Wow, quite a collection you got. I also find the gum sole great and I think suede and kangaroo suit this shoe better. I was also disappointed when I saw there weren't further kangaroo options, I was really hoping for it.

I guess I'll get the mustard suede with gum sole, at least... :)

EDIT:
What would you like to see in kangaroo? Will sort it out for you at a naked dont worry.

If you don't mind my opinion, I think some tan, chestnut and even burgundy (does anybody produce burgundy roo???) could be killer. RM Williams also used to offer some dark shades of 'roo that looked very rich for some reason.

Last edited:

flx

Reaction score
Wow, quite a collection you got. I also find the gum sole great and I think suede and kangaroo suit this shoe better. I was also disappointed when I saw there weren't further kangaroo options, I was really hoping for it.

I guess I'll get the mustard suede with gum sole, at least... :)

EDIT:

If you don't mind my opinion, I think some tan, chestnut and even burgundy (does anybody produce burgundy roo???) could be killer. RM Williams also used to offer some dark shades of 'roo that looked very rich for some reason.
Did you mean this shade of roo because its truly beautiful ?

Attachments

• rmwilliams.png
    rmwilliams.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 97

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
PSA: don't let some of that anti-covid alcohol spill onto your anticatos... :fu:

uhWHSyw_d.webp

After all it's just some patina. When I come back home after the weekend I'll apply some reno+crème pommadier+pâte de luxe, which I fortunately have in a similar enough shade (tan). Let's see how it works out in the long term... :fence:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EgoCamisas beat me to it, but that’s exactly what I’m thinking. RM Williams has a great range, and the colors I imagined were just as EC proposed, tan etc..., your Bordeaux would be an awesome color as well.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Hi. I am confused here. Surely this is just a black with a white sole? What did CS have to say about this please?
I am a little worried as I ordered a black with a white sole and an anticato grey with a white sole and from these pictures they look like they are going to look pretty much the same?

The anticato gray came out weird. I was expecting an antiqued/mottled finish, and a light-to-medium gray brightness, but this pair is a dark/carbon gray and an even finish.

I photographed them with one of my pairs of CP’s for comparison:

View attachment 1424696 View attachment 1424697

randomthing234

Reaction score
Anyone else not get the code for the sf-01 v2 even though they purchased the sf-01?

Last edited:

Strangways

Reaction score
Man, all you people talking about V2 looks, and codes, and physical shoes that exist and are in your possession. Meanwhile us poor sods in (at least) Australia haven't even got our V1's yet. Apparently they haven't even left that gloomy speck in the North Atlantic.

Any chance you guys at AoL can send someone down to the port(?) to fetch our shoes and give them to an actual courier that does couriering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads