• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the crease issue that most are experiencing. Honestly, I don’t look or think twice about it. These are definitely some very lovely shoes.
if people are complaining about these types of creases they've never owned a pair of leather shoes. These are barely noticeable lol

hst

Reaction score
Hi, where can I find out more what are the differences between v2 and v1 of the SF sneakers. Thanks.

I should add that I have the v1. And given the fit of v1 on my feet, I am thinking if I should order the v2.

mykoh

Reaction score
Yes, would love to hear what are the proposed improvements that V2 would have over V1 as well.
I am armed with a code and already have a couple of pairs in mind!

Also wearing my suede V1s for the first time today and I can't stop looking at them.
As you can see, the tongue gape is practically non-existent unless I purposely flex my feet.
Furthermore for the heel slip, I find making the final knot as tight as possible really helps to lock your feet in place and prevent your heels from slipping.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200807175254623_COVER_2.jpg

archipel

Reaction score
Those yellow suede shoes look really good... And I wasn't planning on a V2 but this makes it hard.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I find making the final knot as tight as possible really helps to lock your feet in place and prevent your heels from slipping.

Amazing .... I also discovered this worked yesterday evening!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, would love to hear what are the proposed improvements that V2 would have over V1 as well.
I am armed with a code and already have a couple of pairs in mind!

Also wearing my suede V1s for the first time today and I can't stop looking at them.
As you can see, the tongue gape is practically non-existent unless I purposely flex my feet.
Furthermore for the heel slip, I find making the final knot as tight as possible really helps to lock your feet in place and prevent your heels from slipping.
View attachment 1437339

So here is where we are at:

1. Tongue gate solved.
2. New white calf being tested, pure veg tan St Crispins leather amongst others. May or may not go with this.
3. Longer laces.
4. More care with Anticatoing
5. Floorboards - testing leatherboard (hardened leather), exploring viability of a layer of cork, also testing a different floorboard with aloe vera incorporated. We want to give people nothing to say and also out do everyone else so I hope we can move away from the fibreboard.
6. In-soles - Might go with a standard technogel, if not they will remain the same.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So here is where we are at:

1. Tongue gate solved.
2. New white calf being tested, pure veg tan St Crispins leather amongst others. May or may not go with this.
3. Longer laces.
4. More care with Anticatoing
5. Floorboards - testing leatherboard (hardened leather), exploring viability of a layer of cork, also testing a different floorboard with aloe vera incorporated. We want to give people nothing to say and also out do everyone else so I hope we can move away from the fibreboard.
6. In-soles - Might go with a standard technogel, if not they will remain the same.
and no bridge

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the options for order now.
Is this set in stone?
Mustard suede is gone, no Sienna with white sole, etc...

ptfly

Reaction score
I'm looking at the options for order now.
Is this set in stone?
Mustard suede is gone, no Sienna with white sole, etc...
Are you looking at the v2 page or the v1 page. On v2 I can figure all of those.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at the v2 page or the v1 page. On v2 I can figure all of those.
I figured it out.
The options show different if you go from their pulldown menu, vs the link on the homepage...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Found a couple of Technogel insoles (size 48) at the "office". Just finished cutting, we'll put them into the SF-01v2 prototypes that are coming to us on Friday and send them over to one of you to test.

View attachment 1436222 View attachment 1436223

If these have a lower profile, I’d like to try them in my V01, would that be possible? I’m using orthotics and the footbed that you are using had just a bit too much volume.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did all who initially ordered V1 get the coupon? Didn't receive any email ...
I don’t think I received coupon either...emailed info@archibald to inquire

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my coupon, gotta say I’m very disappointed there weren’t any new color options added for Kangaroo. But, here’s my v2 lineup with expected arrival late November according to the website, hopefully @ArchibaldRoh will have the box situation straightened out by then. As you all can see, I really like my sneakers with gum soles. Also @OrlandoMo , please post about it in this thread, if you guys decide to add different colored strings to your product lineup.
43E2865A-0E49-4522-864D-ECEC7FFA1397.jpeg

D5E4788B-A18C-4354-B7E4-BDDD7103E9BC.jpeg

888F444E-9071-4F30-BACE-2C3D2E346C03.jpeg

9EEEE376-D673-41DA-8D42-A088F8A66FE8.jpeg

56DA4602-71A7-4841-96DE-AD9AFD2DC883.jpeg

F4945410-1C8B-4E07-B3C9-3DDB4D081783.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads