• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Yes I mentioned this earlier when I wore my pair. I just solved it with wearing thick socks.
Well the last should probably be revised. My sneakers fit tight overall (Which i like) except in the heel. I can only imagine if someone got a slightly more comfortable sizing the heel would be slipping like crazy.

shue1726

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone in Sydney, Australia received their shoes yet? Mine seem to be stuck in some kind of Royal Mail / AusPost purgatory since 15 July when they were cleared for take-off from Langley GB. I know it's a long flight, but I think it's less than 16 days (even with mandatory quarantine :p).
Am in Singapore facing the same issue, almost getting ridiculous.

nickycheong

Reaction score
Am in Singapore facing the same issue, almost getting ridiculous.

I am in Brisbane, Australia and am also experiencing the same issue unfortunately. Here's hoping for some movement and positive update this week.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Was getting worried - so much silence from this group. Hopefully Rohan, Orlando and the CS team are getting some down time!

uL7iMa

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone in Sydney, Australia received their shoes yet? Mine seem to be stuck in some kind of Royal Mail / AusPost purgatory since 15 July when they were cleared for take-off from Langley GB. I know it's a long flight, but I think it's less than 16 days (even with mandatory quarantine :p).

In Sydney as well and mine shows the same since 17 July. I’m guessing there’s some sort of hold up due to the number of international flights being allowed in at the moment.

Butterfeet

Reaction score
I'm in Malaysia, also sent via Royal Mail about 2 weeks ago. It's arrived but it's been sitting at my country's customs for the past few days.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow only just hearing of all this. That is really crazy that so many packaged are held in limbo. I wonder if its a good idea for us to alter worldwide shipping prices and use dhl exclusively...

Butterfeet

Reaction score
Personally, I expected this and I'm okay with it. After all I've waited months for the shoes, so what's another week or so.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Wow only just hearing of all this. That is really crazy that so many packaged are held in limbo. I wonder if its a good idea for us to alter worldwide shipping prices and use dhl exclusively...
In my country it takes over a month to receive items sent by Royal Mail, not because of any delays in the postal service (it gets here in about a week from the UK) but then needs to get transferred into the internal postage service and also sits in customs for clearance indeterminately. It could easily be three weeks more within the domestic system besides the risk of it being lost somewhere in the process. Therefore courier is the only option for me and I happily pay the extra to get it door to door in five days.

CWV

Reaction score
In my country it takes over a month to receive items sent by Royal Mail, not because of any delays in the postal service (it gets here in about a week from the UK) but then needs to get transferred into the internal postage service and also sits in customs for clearance indeterminately. It could easily be three weeks more within the domestic system besides the risk of it being lost somewhere in the process. Therefore courier is the only option for me and I happily pay the extra to get it door to door in five days.
It must be due to COVID. When I have bought in the past from AOL in the past from Chile, it has arrived smoothly.

Strangways

Reaction score
I think it is a COVID issue with the national carriers (Australia Post, Royal Mail) but would recommend sending with private courier services at least during this period of uncertainty. I ordered some JAK shoes (Atlas sneakers - they are dope, check them out) which came from Portugal within a week so it definitely varies from carrier to carrier.

Like Butterfeet and others, I am relatively sanguine about it given all that's going on. Just wanted to flag it to see if it was just me or others too.

OzWino

Reaction score
Just for contrast, I'm still awaiting arrival via Aust Post with no update on their website. In the meantime I received a shipment from London via DHL in about 4 days. I could have tracked it, but it got here too quickly. :-D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads